• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who would aspire to work for AA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've got an interview with a respectable heavy international operator next week.. if hired, I'll have officially given up on AMR.
Let me know how it goes! Good luck!!!

Sadly, no matter how far the pay and work rules have fallen, there will be no shortage of applicants to any legacy. In an age when Virgin America will have a line out the door of eager applicants, do you really think an AA or UAL won't be able to find a few hundred starry eyed SJS afflicted 20 somethings a year? Yeah, I forgot, the impending pilot shortage, right? I won't be long until we see new "United scantron question" threads again.

Sadly, no matter how far the pay and work rules have fallen, there will be no shortage of applicants to any legacy. In an age when Virgin America will have a line out the door of eager applicants, do you really think an AA or UAL won't be able to find a few hundred starry eyed SJS afflicted 20 somethings a year? Yeah, I forgot, the impending pilot shortage, right? I won't be long until we see new "United scantron question" threads again.

I agree with you however, there is one wild card. The starry eyed SJS guys will look at regionals to stay in the long run. I really don't know if a seven year RJ Captain will want to make a move to ANY major and start from the bottom again or go to a place such as Virgin America. They MIGHT be more selective in where they decide to go.

Last edited:
(I want to hear from disinterested parties.)

Here's the scenario: The other legacies are hiring. You know from airlinepilotcentral.com what the pay is and roughly what the QOL is from here. AA opens up hiring after recalling everyone and whoever bypasses for 3 years has done so.

Where does AA fit on the list?

Thanks in advance. TC

I'm a fairly disinterested party. Never at AMR and will never be there (too old).

The reserve thing my friend puts up with there kills me. 3.75 hrs a day guarantee for 73 hrs a month. Good thing he can drop 4 days with pay for the military reserves every month if he picks the right days ahead of time.

The lack of pay protection on many (most?) pairings is nasty. Lose a trip and you lose a lot of pay that month. 64 hrs guarantee? That is awful.

He stays for the pension and the hope hiring will really kick in when the airplane situation improves. Retirements are huge at AA.

I hear UAL is worse. I hear Delta is much better, but the pay is better at AA. AA is also a lot more stable---Right now.

Choose your poison.

Latest resources

Back