Who will merge/partner with JetBlue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BLUE BAYOU said:
Personally and professionally, this most likely will never happen. Dave and David have mentioned that we won't dilute our product in any way. There are too many legalities and liabilities with mergers/code shares...

I agree the current forecast is for all growth to be inhouse. Maybe we'll sit and watch some carriers wither while others keep growing. That would reward the companies with well thought out, and available, growth opportunities. But someone always wants a short cut to market dominance or stability. I'm thinking Neeleman will get impatient or sense some opportunity.

Just a crazy prediction.

Last edited:
JetBlue will not be bought or merged with any legacy carrier because they choose not to and no current legacy carrier has anything we want. Say what you wish but most JB pilots have enough mileage in the industry and bad memories of airline history to follow such a hollow pipe dream. Not for sale!
Fire away, I've heard it all before.

Any ideas about accelerated vesting, or the split? I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist, but the contract mentions accelerated vesting. I wish I knew if it was all about the taxes, or what, but I have no clue. Someone smart enlighten me!

I think that JetBlue will merge or buy out Frontier. Same aircraft type and I believe they even buy their on-board T.V. from the company that is owned by JetBlue- Same aircraft, same product only from a different hub.Now Southwest is coming to town (DEN) in early 2006. I am sure that Frontier is wondering how they are going to compete with SWA out of DEN? They (SWA) are going to be flying to up to 40 different cities and I am sure that alot of them will be similar city pairs to Frontier. I may be crazy but I think that this would be a perfect merger- and you would finally see JetBlue go head to head out of one hub against SWA. Which would you choose- Satelite TV with assigned seating or No assigned seating with no inflight entertainment? I know- you can always bring your Ipod for entertainment.

The similarities between Jetblue and Frontier don't exist. Jetblue flies A320's with IAE 2500 engines. Frontier flies A319 and 318's with CFM56's engines. Their is too much product overlap with the A318 and the EJR195.

If they merged with Mesa, ASA, SkyWest, Air Wisconsin?

They wouldn't have to change the pay scales!

Bah Dum Pa Bum! ;)

JetBlue code-sharing with somebody out of JFK or starting their own international division is more realistic. They've got the feed at one of the world's pre-eminent international hubs, why not capitilize on that?

TP

P.S. If they get 777s, I'd be willing to come in as an instructor :D .

Last edited:
I cannot see jetBlue codesharing anytime soon. They are concerned with quality and they are not going to let another company they have no control over tarnish there products image.

Latest resources

Back