Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyBoeingJets

YES, that's NICE
This may not happen for awhile but I think it's inevitable. Neeleman has done deals before and I think he will do it again when times get tough.

I think JetBlue and Airtran make the most sense for a merger with routes and compensation looking complimentary. But the fleets don't mesh well, IMHO. If it is just a partnership it would work well.

JetBlue--Alaska would be o.k. too. Could be merger. Would be harder to integrate. Not best match. Good match for just a partnership.

JetBlue--SWA. No way. Anti-trust and control issues.

JetBlue--Frontier. I wonder. I don't see much gain for the cost of this merger/partnersip.

What do I mean by a partnership? I don't exactly know. Something more than a codeshare. Something where there is a financial link. World bought North American and they are keeping the companies separate with one owner.

Then there is the possibility JetBlue could use bank money to buy NWA or DAL to get them out of BK. Or the other way around at a later date. Don't laugh, could happen. I think the DAL idea is more doable than the NWA. Both long shots.

Last edited:
A Jetblue, Airtran, Frontier, Triumvarate

3 Geographically distinct hubs that all cherry pick thier routes.

FlyBoeingJets said:
This may not happen for awhile but I think its inevitable. Neeleman has done deals before and I think he will do it again when times get tough.

I think JetBlue and Airtran make the most sense for a merger with routes and compensation looking complimentary. But the fleets don't mesh well, IMHO. If it is just a partnership it would work well.

JetBlue--Alaska would be o.k. too. Could be merger. Would be harder to integrate. Not best match. Good match for just a partnership.

JetBlue--SWA. No way. Anti-trust and control issues.

JetBlue--Frontier. I wonder. I don't see much gain for the cost of this merger/partnersip.

What do I mean by a partnership? I don't exactly know. Something more than a codeshare. Something where there is a financial link.

Huh? JetBlue merging/partnering/holding hands with Airtran/Alaska/Frontier/SWA? Why not throw in ATA, Midwest, Great Lakes and Big Sky? They are all just as implausible.

Must be a slow day.

::shrug::

SCR

SoCentralRain said:
Huh? JetBlue merging/partnering/holding hands with Airtran/Alaska/Frontier/SWA? Why not throw in ATA, Midwest, Great Lakes and Big Sky? They are all just as implausible.

SCR

ATA has their partner already, SWA.

I think someone will feel compelled to buy/merge/partner with JetBlue. And I think JetBlue will feel compelled to do a deal too.

Maybe Midwest will get in the act too, but I think their small size will hurt their chances. Is anyone eyeing up their hub or routes?

I know never say never, but everything Neeleman and other senior mgmt has said is that they dont believe in mergers. They believe they have a terrible track record with very limited success (he quoted Western and DAL being the only one that came to mind) and that its not a vehicle to profitability, stability, or good employee relations.

FlyBoeingJets said:
ATA has their partner already, SWA.

I think someone will feel compelled to buy/merge/partner with JetBlue. And I think JetBlue will feel compelled to do a deal too.

Maybe Midwest will get in the act too, but I think their small size will hurt their chances. Is anyone eyeing up their hub or routes?

Airtran and Midex merger maybe....

United--JetBlue. Very interesting possibility. Only the JetBlue--Airtran deal looks more likely to me.

Yeah, I know this is all relatively unlikely....right now. In 2006 we will see some merger type activity or public company comments on merger ideas/plans.

Consider this prediction as a counter to Lowecur's prediction that oil will go down to $45/barrel. Don't you have to have a prediction to be a flightinfo member in good standing?

A Jetblue, Airtran, Frontier, Triumvarate

3 Geographically distinct hubs that all cherry pick thier routes.

You might as well throw Delta in there at least in ATL everywhere we go, they pretty much go. Do not forget United in DEN pretty much everywhere Frontier goes they do. There pretty much is one airline in that group that cherry picks. SKIPPY

A little while ago the rumors about NWA--DAL were rampant. I don't think that is anywhere close to being considered, let alone even likely.

NWA--DAL can only be considered when key contracts and costs are firmed up. But I don't think that will do the trick. NWA management may want to do a deal, but I think they want to do it after BK and they want to be the buyer. That kind of deal is 2 or more years in the future.

I predict DAL will spend longer in BK as the court battles rage on pension and debt issues. Delta simply owes more money for its size and for the value of its assets and revenue generators. Their assets appear to be more highly leveraged. I may be surprised at Delta's awesome revenue in 2006, and I hope I am, but it looks like there is more work for Delta's lawyers than NWA's.

Latest resources

Back