• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who will merge/partner with JetBlue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My crystal ball is opaque on AA and CAL. AA may be averse to deal making since the TWA deal.

I see them both wanting internal growth.

I Wouldn't Rule Anything Out

In this industry, very little seems to surprise me anymore. Mergers seem to be as big a part of airline history as is being away from home.

I haven't done the homework on this yet, but I am curious as to how many mergers/buyouts there have been in the airline industry since the 1940's. I would be willing to bet that the number would be quite high.

FlyBoeingJets said:
United--JetBlue. Very interesting possibility. Only the JetBlue--Airtran deal looks more likely to me.

Yeah, I know this is all relatively unlikely....right now. In 2006 we will see some merger type activity or public company comments on merger ideas/plans.

Consider this prediction as a counter to Lowecur's prediction that oil will go down to $45/barrel. Don't you have to have a prediction to be a flightinfo member in good standing?

Steve Forbes (insert your thoughts here, but hey he's made alot more $ in this world than I have) said today he sees oil going to $35. Lets all hope so.

These Come to Mind:

Some are mergers, and some are buyouts.

Pan Am/National
Allegheny/Mohawk
USAir/Piedmont
USAirways/America West (to be determined)
North Central/Hughes Airwest/Bonanza/Southern
Northwest Orient/Republic
TWA/Ozark
American/TWA
American/Transcarribean
Delta/Western
Delta/Northeast
Southwest/Morris Air
FedEx/Flying Tigers
Continental/People's Express (?)

The above are the ones that come to mind. I'm sure there are more out there, but I'm too lazy to actually do some research this afternoon. Maybe later.:D

Anyways, mergers and buyouts are not uncommon, and I personally wouldn't be surprised by any mergers announced in the industry.

Do any of da peeps know ahead a time, cause if dey do, it be cool to be like plannin my e-trade stuff and starts an early retirement, yknow, likes drinkin brewskies an like postin like crazy ole stupid stuff on like flightinfo. Aaaaah, yeah, if I cooods retire, I cooods be postin like as much as like da General. Like deese mergers just lika be comin outta nowhere and I tinks dats da way its always gonna be.

I be like listnen to like da Forrest Gump school cause life is lika a box a chocklits, cause yooo aint ever knowin whats your gonna git!

73-Driver said:
Midwest and Jetblue.

Forget about Airtran!

That sounds interesting. I understand Midwest has some pay bumps that will make them better paid than JetBlue. A plan too. Would be difficult to merge unless the midwest guys suck it up. Partner would be o.k.

I'm thinking we will have medium sized carriers wanting to join forces to fend off bigger competitors or other partnerships. The little guys like Midwest may not fulfill JetBlue's desire for a similar sized partner. As deals start to happen you might have a mad scramble to find a partner before the music stops and someone gets left out in the cold.

Personally and professionally, this most likely will never happen. Dave and David have mentioned that we won't dilute our product in any way. There are too many legalities and liabilities with mergers/code shares... Additionally, if that was the case, we'd get Shuttle America or Air Wisconsin to fly our 190s, instead, we're doing something that every Red-Headed Stepchild feeder would rather be a part of-- we're going to treat them like family... It remains to be seen, but hey, who knows what the industry will look like in a year, or tomorrow!!!

Latest resources

Back