• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who will Delta buy ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you guys must stay up nights making up this stuff. Ual paid off upwards of 2.4B of debt in the last 18mos, with 5+B in cash. You think the creditors or the board would approve the sale of the most profitable part of the airline?? Some of you Dal guys are more arrogant than ever since BK. By the way GL, a 76 is a 76, calling it an ER isn't impressive

Thanks dad for the ER clarification. Who are you again? Oh yeah, I don't care.

Bye Bye---General Lee

They are going to buy Cape Air.... you heard it here first.

You guys have it all wrong. SWA will buy DAL and staple that pilot group to the bottom of their list. They'll displace the General to the B737 and give him LBB overnights until he retires at 60 or 65.

Skyward80

Your taxes didn't pay for any of it. The PBGC is insurance paid for by companies it protects and receives no funds from general taxes. Nice try though.

Nose, the fear is that when all these folks get to retirement, there will not be enough assets to pay for all the fun. A lot of people are already planning on having to bail out the PBGC. I admit that I am one of them. But you are right... for now no tax dollars are being used.

One thing you can be sure of is that no one here will know what is going on until it's done.

You'll just get a phone call in the middle of the night when the first edition of the WSJ or NYT announces the deal.

BTW, UAL isn't going to be pieced out. It's way to large a political issue. Even if the Asia stuff were to be sold off, AA has a large enough credit line to make it prohibitively expensive. JMO. TC

Latest resources

Back