who will be awarded the AWAC flying?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
numbers

Seriously, you would think you're a bunch of armchair cpa's. My guess is everybody's number's are significantly off. Even if they were close it's a small piece of the picture during negotiations such as this. It's really irrelevant when you can't effectivly do anything about it anyway.

bvt1151 said:
Really, I'm not making them up. Find them at http://www.bts.gov

You can also find them at http://www.flyi.com/com-investor.htm.
Indy shows total fuel costs in Q3 of $44,192,000.
Block hours in Q3 of 92,716.*

Simple math results in a fuel cost of $476.64 per block hour, and this is from their own 10-Q. Far shy of your calculated $824/hr.

*These numbers are Q3, while previous posts showed Q1 numbers
Sorry you are getting the wrong info but anybody who flys the CRJ knows the thing burns more than $476 per hour in gas. The fuel flow indicators are not wrong when in cruise they say about 2800lbs per hour, on TKO around 4500 lb.hr.

Any MD 80 pilot knows she burns WAY more than what you have said. Your numbers are either wrong or you are interpeting them wrong.

Just so you know we were still operating J41's in Q3 and FRJ's. They all burn different amounts so using your method is not going to work.

J/S on a CRj one day and look at the fuel flow, then multiply by the average cost per gallon then get back to me.

LawReview said:
Seriously, you would think you're a bunch of armchair cpa's. My guess is everybody's number's are significantly off. Even if they were close it's a small piece of the picture during negotiations such as this. It's really irrelevant when you can't effectivly do anything about it anyway.
LOL, though how did you know what I do part time???

At MESA and please don't throw stones on me.
J.O. said our ops costs is about 350/hr on RJ's but we still have the Dash and the Beech (that will be out as their contract finishes).
He also said the Dash is about 800 to 1200/hr and Beech with 1800/hr would be worthy only for essencial services. So Rj's are indeed very cheap to operate.
GOD Bless you

I also personally think all this thing about AWAC it's nothing about the price itself or the cost and indeed about stocks.
As AWAC stock are a kind of stable they will try to bring the price down to in a future buy it or bring someone elses stock up to make some profit out of it.
Just my $0.02

GOD Bless you

Ligeirinho said:
I also personally think all this thing about AWAC it's nothing about the price itself or the cost and indeed about stocks.
As AWAC stock are a kind of stable they will try to bring the price down to in a future buy it or bring someone elses stock up to make some profit out of it.
Just my $0.02

GOD Bless you
AWAC is a private company and has no publically traded stock, just 6 owners.

Makes the stock thing kinda a wasted space........ Just kidding. Anyone know for certain who is bidding and who isnt?

Rottweiller said:
AWAC is a private company and has no publically traded stock, just 6 owners.
What's the latest rumor on the number of owners anyway......last I heard there was talk of at least 1 of them moving on.

WhiteCloud said:
What's the latest rumor on the number of owners anyway......last I heard there was talk of at least 1 of them moving on.
That may be 6 of them moving on plus 2000+ other people if management don't get thier $hit together!!

SpocksBeard said:
Maybe this will put sufficient pressure on our management to actually enter the larger aircraft market. Sometimes I'm afraid they're a bit too conservative.
Ironically, staying with 50-seaters instead of getting 70's seems to be more risky these days, not more conservative.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back