Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who uses their cellphone in the cockpit for company business?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I use mine all the time. I fly on weekends a lot and I have unlimited minutes on the weekends so no big deal. But the main reason I use it is because it is makes MY life easier. Going back to the gate, shutting down, getting out the plane, going inside just so I don't use a couple of minutes on my phone is a major pain in the a**. Supposedly we can submit time used and get reimbursed but frankly I just don't give a sh** enough to do that. If using a couple of minutes on my phone keeps me on schedule so I get done on time I'll gladly use it. Besides how many of us waste hundreds minutes a month talking or texting unimportant bullsh** to friends and family?

Who uses their cellphone in the cockpit to contact dispatch, scheduling, or maintenance?

Why do it if they are paying you for your minutes. Use what they have provided you.

If that means return to gate because ACARS is inop, do it!

Don't give them anything for free, because they sure as hell don't give us anything free!

I use mine man. Professionalism is about more than going a la cart with your job description. You have an union attitude, but have you read ALPA's code of conduct?

We're not the United Auto Workers or are you in contract negotiations?

You gate returning for ACARS inop really outlines how worthless you are. Would you declare an emergency or gate return if the FMS went down?

Moral of the story, YOU BETTER NOT WRITE OFF ANY OF YOUR CELL PHONE BILL!!

Last edited:
I use mine man. Professionalism is about more than going a la cart with your job description. You have an union attitude, but have you read ALPA's code of conduct?

We're not the United Auto Workers or are you in contract negotiations?

You gate returning for ACARS inop really outlines how worthless you are. Would you declare an emergency or gate return if the FMS went down?

Moral of the story, YOU BETTER NOT WRITE OFF ANY OF YOUR CELL PHONE BILL!!

Excellent post!! I'm sure PFT_128 feels extremely proud of himself as he pulls into the gate 45 minutes late while at the same time he ruins vacations, funerals, holidays ect. ect. for the families who miss their connecting flights. PFT_128 = Worthless

In the end you are giving the company something for free. If you are pulling back into the gate, you are blocking in and not getting paid for any of the work you did on your first push. Again pick your own battles.

Use it, you can write it off on your taxes whatever % you use for work, so let say 60% of you 100$ a month bill against you 28% bracket = 207.20 in tax refund, the minutes would have gone to waist anyway and you made your life easier.

hmmm--thought the idea was to work smarter, not harder! Think it out all the way, and maybe you will come to the right decision.

Excellent post!! I'm sure PFT_128 feels extremely proud of himself as he pulls into the gate 45 minutes late while at the same time he ruins vacations, funerals, holidays ect. ect. for the families who miss their connecting flights. PFT_128 = Worthless
He wouldn't pony up a few minutes of cell phone usage yet he paid for his job at gulfstream. Again, PFT_128 demonstrates why he is the biggest idiot on Flightinfo. Luckily he wont be a Capt again for a long long long time

I agree 100%.
PFT_128 will tell you that it's all about the passengers, but he will be more than happy to bend them over a 30 second phone call.
When it comes down to it, I bet PFT_128 is all talk. This guy bends over backwards for the company. If he's like any other union rep, he's more pro company than the company management are.
I would have loved to have sat in at his Air Tran interview. He probably slobered so many.......well, you can figure it out.

Who uses their cellphone in the cockpit to contact dispatch, scheduling, or maintenance?

Why do it if they are paying you for your minutes. Use what they have provided you.

If that means return to gate because ACARS is inop, do it!

Don't give them anything for free, because they sure as hell don't give us anything free!

Some people understand that if their company fails, they lose their job. Maybe some people do a little extra here and there to make sure the job gets done as efficiently as possible because .002 cents/minute is a small price to pay out of the annual salary they receive.

I love how people believe they are entitled to a job and that companies exist just to pay you a salary. Grow up.

Latest resources

Back