Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who uses their cellphone in the cockpit for company business?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who uses their cellphone in the cockpit to contact dispatch, scheduling, or maintenance?

Why do it if they are paying you for your minutes. Use what they have provided you.

If that means return to gate because ACARS is inop, do it!

Don't give them anything for free, because they sure as hell don't give us anything free!

Often.

Why not? I guess you like doing thing the hard way. Also... you don't need to return to the gate if ACARS is inop. There is Atlanta radio and Ops can always patch you thru to dispatch over the radio.

I know at SkyWest if everybody stopped using their cell phones the place would come to a grinding halt.

Who uses their cellphone in the cockpit to contact dispatch, scheduling, or maintenance?

Why do it if they are paying you for your minutes. Use what they have provided you.

Don't give them anything for free, because they sure as hell don't give us anything free!

Knock yourself out bro. I'm sure you'll mount a great campaign that will make a huge difference...

I always refused to when I was a Captain. If it couldn't be handled via radio or ACARS, then I went back to the gate and used the gate phone. Want me to use my cell phone for company business? Pay my cell phone bill, then.

I always refused to when I was a Captain. If it couldn't be handled via radio or ACARS, then I went back to the gate and used the gate phone. Want me to use my cell phone for company business? Pay my cell phone bill, then.

He wouldn't pony up a few minutes of cell phone usage yet he paid for his job at gulfstream. Again, PFT_128 demonstrates why he is the biggest idiot on Flightinfo. Luckily he wont be a Capt again for a long long long time.

Here's an idea. You run your cockpit they way you want, I'll run mine the way I want.

Yes I use my cell phone for work business. No, the company doesn't pay for it. Yes, I write as much off on my taxes as possible that is work related.

I don't have the energy to fight the company every step of the way. Pick and choose your battles.

Last edited:
I write it off so I use it, no question. It wouldn't be right otherwise. Just make sure you pull over and set the brake so you're not dividing your attention. Been there done that!

Latest resources

Back