• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who the heck is hiring????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard that a bunch of guys from Skybus went or are going to China to fly 320s for (I think) Shenzen Airlines for about 150K with housing allowance. I think it is a Wasinc contract. I also believe Kingfisher in India is hiring at a pretty good rate, but I also heard India taxes more and they just recently said they would only hire foreigners as captain- no more foreign devils taking FO seats from the locals I guess. I don't know if they require you to have 320 PIC time to be a captain though- there is a link on the front page of airlinepilotcentral.com to a list of pilot contractors and that should let you know what is available and what they require. Pprune is good for getting the info on the specific airlines you may be trying to get a contract at so that you can have a clue what you are getting yourself into before you take the leap. Good luck all.

I'll put this under another thread, but who is hiring right now? Any 121 pilots have recent luck getting hired on with Net jets? I've heard they are keeping a little distance from the flood of 121 apps. How about overseas jobs? Looks like my furlough number might be up Oct 1st. Even if it's not, I don't think F9 has many more months left..under their current financial situation that is. Also, i was told Colorado would give me $6000 towards a type? Any suggestions? I don't think having a SW 737 type assures me an interview. I might be better off with a different type.

Thanks for any input.

Another airline worth mentioning is Kingfisher Airlines, http://www.flykingfisher.com/careers.asp.

They require 500 PIC on type for expat Captains, but I have heard they may still consider expat Captains with a type rating (A320 in this case). The same holds true for Jet Airways, except the 737 type is what will help you over there. I am mentioning these two airlines because (I hear) they are both planning on using New York as an int'l domicile. Unless you dig the idea of living in India for a while.

pprune.org will have the best info on these airlines.

This is just a standard cyclical issue. In two years all the major carriers will be hiring and oil will be sub $100 a barrel once more. Then you'll have the choice between flying a 737 for the rest of your career (which I'm not crapping on...on the contrary I'm a SWA fan myself and alot of my military bro's are there), or having the option to fly domestic or internationally with carriers that have both the 73 and 75's, 76's, and 777's.
just fyi, the 737 line is done in 2014, so there will be something new at swa someday. Rumor is 600+ hiring this year.

Health care and accounting fields are hiring like crazy. There are some good paying jobs in healthcare that don't require a medical degree. If you do have the time for a two year people are getting hired before they even finish the programs(ex. radiology tech.) for $70k/yr +. If you know the right people there are health care jobs that pay $100-300K/yr without the degrees. Realistically though a small family can live on $100k/yr. I almost fell over when I heard the base pay for a police officer in my area is $92k/yr. Just be prepared though, having a real job is a lot more work. You'll be surprised though at how much more energy you'll have because you won't be having your circadium rythm screwed up by a bunch of high school drop outs in screw scheduling.

Earnings [About this section] Back to Top Median annual earnings of radiologic technologists were $48,170 in May 2006. The middle 50 percent earned between $39,840 and $57,940. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $32,750, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $68,920. Median annual earnings in the industries employing the largest numbers of radiologic technologists in 2006 were:

Medical and diagnostic laboratories $51,280 General medical and surgical hospitals 48,830 Offices of physicians

Where are you getting $70k+. Granted these are 2 year old numbers, but the salaries haven't gone up that much.

You must live somewhere high-crime, high Cost-of-living.

P.D. in Nashville pays about $48k to start, caps at $80k or so. Med techs in our area are making around $42k (radiology, etc).

Last edited:
Your info was correct. You did fail to mention though that it was located in one of the most expensive places in the country to live. $80K in Santa Clara computes to about $50K most anywhere else. You were correct though with your numbers.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back