• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who the heck is hiring????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
McDonalds and Burger King are hiring. Great opportunities for advancement. They probably pay better than a regional job, with better benefits. Maybe they'll let you were epaulets.

yeah, after seeing that website, it certainly wont hurt you to get your type at hpa, if southwest is your goal.

Think you're a bit late. The link shows they filed Ch 11 on June 18th and furloughed/terminated 78.

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/cargo/gemini.html

That's very interesting... seeing as how they JUST posted an ad on willflyforfood.cc yesterday.

Yes, yesterday.

Their jobs page that it links to also says the same thing about hiring and has an email address link as well.

Wouldn't be the first time some HR nugget put out an ad during furloughs, though...

Sorry for the bad info, just passing along what I see on the jobs boards.

McDonalds and Burger King are hiring. Great opportunities for advancement. They probably pay better than a regional job, with better benefits. Maybe they'll let you were epaulets.
Actually,,,

Home Depot and Lowes both hire managers in around the $50-60k range if you have a Bachelor's degree (YIP is cringing right now that the college degree actually makes a difference). :)

Waffle House and other, similar restaurants pay about the same range for direct-hire managers, pay from day one of training, plus benefits, plus you're at home every night.

Have seriously thought about working for Home Depot as a manager near my home, flying some Learjet day charter on the weekends on a contract basis to stay current and using that money to pay for my SIM recurrents, then apply for one of the Home Depot corporate gigs in ATL that come around every once in a while as an in-house management referral.

Work your angles... that's what it's all about.

Hey Stratus,
I am probably telling you what you already know, but be sure (if the time comes, and please don't think I want it to for you) to check with All the state of Colorado unemployment/retraining benifits available. I know more than a few guys I worked with at Western Pacific who got types paid for, or at least some assistance, when WestPac went Chap 7. Best of luck.

i have 4500 pic in a crj...two years now been an fo in the a320. I'm thinking the 737 type might not be the best move at the moment....but who know?

I think Bond Aviation in Orlando is charging about $11,000 for a 320 type. it is not cheap but the better choice.

We are hiring here at Kalitta Air, not for everyone, but the last CA bid just came out and it went to the bottom guy, two guys in the Feb 2008 class are holding CA, class starting July 15.

If you want heavy time and a quick upgrade to 747 CA then apply.

good luck and I was there for the 89 days also. EMBCA(MCO)

Last edited:
World is hiring both F/O's and CA's.
Atlas/Polar is hiring 747 F/O's.
Gemini is hiring F/O's.

Those are the only 121 gigs I know of who are looking for people, and there's a ton of Maxjet/EOS/ATA/Aloha pilots who are 737/757/DC-10/MD11 current applying as well, so it's a crap shoot.

There's quite a few charter and corporate gigs still hiring, but they don't like airline people as a general rule.

Kunpeng (used to be a joint venture with Mesa) is looking for CRJ CA's but, if you have a family, the time away sucks - they'd have to move in order to keep ANY kind of family life.

There's quite a few China/Japan/India 737/RJ jobs available. Check out the advertisers at the top of this board (WASINC, PARC, IAC, etc).

Good luck,,,

sorry duplicate info, about Gemini.

Last edited:
sorry duplicate info, about Gemini.
Yeah, we just went through all that a couple posts up... I don't know why Gemini is advertising hiring, but they are, just take a look at willflyforfood.cc

Personally, I'm a little irritated that Kalitta won't move people out of the Lears and into the 747's. I'm perfectly qualified, just missed out on an Air interview by one week - once I was at Charters (Air called me my first day of class at Charters), they wouldn't interview me at Air.

Will probably have to quit flying Lears at Charters, go somewhere ELSE for a year or more, then re-apply at Air to get an interview. That's the most assinine thing I have ever heard - lose an employee just to let them come back later. :rolleyes:

If you can get the interview, go for it. My friends at Kalitta Air all seem to like it, although I hear the fail rate on the CA upgrade is high - one of the reasons it has gone so junior. Some of the guys are waiting until they get some time on the airplane to be better-prepared for upgrade.

Latest resources

Back