Who the heck is hiring????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

stratus72

I'll put this under another thread, but who is hiring right now? Any 121 pilots have recent luck getting hired on with Net jets? I've heard they are keeping a little distance from the flood of 121 apps. How about overseas jobs? Looks like my furlough number might be up Oct 1st. Even if it's not, I don't think F9 has many more months left..under their current financial situation that is. Also, i was told Colorado would give me $6000 towards a type? Any suggestions? I don't think having a SW 737 type assures me an interview. I might be better off with a different type.

Thanks for any input.

I'll put this under another thread, but who is hiring right now? Any 121 pilots have recent luck getting hired on with Net jets? I've heard they are keeping a little distance from the flood of 121 apps. How about overseas jobs? Looks like my furlough number might be up Oct 1st. Even if it's not, I don't think F9 has many more months left..under their current financial situation that is. Also, i was told Colorado would give me $6000 towards a type? Any suggestions? I don't think having a SW 737 type assures me an interview. I might be better off with a different type.

Thanks for any input.
Sorry to hear what's happening to you but take your 6000$ get your 320 type rating and qatar airways will welcome you any day.
Good luck.:erm:

Sorry to hear what's happening to you but take your 6000$ get your 320 type rating and qatar airways will welcome you any day.
Good luck.:erm:

...or Air Arabia in Abu Dhabi. Flying their a$$es off, but also getting $$$$$$$$. Check it out at pprune.com

Good luck..

FZ

Do you want to stay in the airline industry? Maybe consider a King Air school or Citation school. I know it might seem like a backward step but managment fees are around $1000 monthly before day rates. Work up to 3 or 4 under management and charge $400-$500 daily for contract time. Every airport in the nation has this equipment on the field and there is always someone looking for a good pilot. Just an idea.

Don't know if the 737 type is worth it....do you have recent PIC time?

I'm a career F/O (thanks usair) with tons of 737 time and have had an app on file with Southwest for like, 8 years now, with no response. They're looking for captains.

Don't know if the 737 type is worth it....do you have recent PIC time?

I'm a career F/O (thanks usair) with tons of 737 time and have had an app on file with Southwest for like, 8 years now, with no response. They're looking for captains.

i have 4500 pic in a crj...two years now been an fo in the a320. I'm thinking the 737 type might not be the best move at the moment....but who know?

Last edited:
You're recent enough on the PIC for SWA, a 737 type from Higher Power in Dallas would probably be a good move (hint hint).

Last edited:
You're recent enough on the PIC for SWA, a 737 type from Higher Power in Dallas would probably be a good move (hint hint).

Thanks. I'm going to play it by ear...I wont get a type unless im actually furloughed...I do see it coming....chpt 7 even. Our union is trying to set up discounts for numerous type ratings with several sim providers. I'd prefer to stay here in Denver to do the training.

Latest resources

Back