• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who the heck is hiring????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you want to stay in the airline industry? Maybe consider a King Air school or Citation school. I know it might seem like a backward step but managment fees are around $1000 monthly before day rates. Work up to 3 or 4 under management and charge $400-$500 daily for contract time. Every airport in the nation has this equipment on the field and there is always someone looking for a good pilot. Just an idea.

My experience tells me that the King Air or Citation type would be nearly worthless without recent actual time in the aircraft - at least 50-100 hours or so. Especially for an ex-121 type - you've kinda got two strikes against you from the get-go.

I'm way out of the loop. is higher power a type rating provider? How are they tied in with sw? speaking of which, SW pilots, when do you anticipate having a denver base?

Rumor has it, that this question is contingent on the demise of your current employer. My buddy told me that the city of Denver won't expand whatever concourse that SWA is in. The city wants to see what happens. And then they would like a "more stable" carrier in the termainal that F9 is in.

I'm certainly not trying to dump on my F9 bros but the WN picture is looking strong. In two years we've gone from 2 gates to 9 gates and flights are at 115 a day come August. I would fully expect a Denver base in 2009 - and it'll be so senior I'll never hold it!

Good luck guys. I know we're not the end all be all to everybody but we are hiring and it aint a bad gig.

Gup

I'm certainly not trying to dump on my F9 bros but the WN picture is looking strong. In two years we've gone from 2 gates to 9 gates and flights are at 115 a day come August. I would fully expect a Denver base in 2009 - and it'll be so senior I'll never hold it!

Good luck guys. I know we're not the end all be all to everybody but we are hiring and it aint a bad gig.

Gup

This is just a standard cyclical issue. In two years all the major carriers will be hiring and oil will be sub $100 a barrel once more. Then you'll have the choice between flying a 737 for the rest of your career (which I'm not crapping on...on the contrary I'm a SWA fan myself and alot of my military bro's are there), or having the option to fly domestic or internationally with carriers that have both the 73 and 75's, 76's, and 777's.

We are in the same boat, in a matter of weeks it will be my number 3 furlough. Still have no idea of what I am going to do, have been applying everywhere though to save my house.

Good luck to everyone in this crazy career (if you want to call it that).

I'm saying (once again) it helped them get the INTERVIEW, not the job.

Are you denying they have the Saturday afternoon Ice Cream Parties at the Higher Power campus with members of the SWA training department in attendance?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Yes I'm denying it. Some of the guys in the training department have their apps in. They are not line pilots. Only the check airmen are. I highly doubt that Crummy, Magill, Martin and Torti are having ice cream with you on Saturday.

Crummy, Magill, Martin and Torti are not who you need to impress to get an interview. Having Ice Cream with them would not do you much good. If you are serious about coming to WN, get the type from somewhere. It doesn't really matter. Haveing said that, there is no better place to get it than Higher Power.

Yes I'm denying it. Some of the guys in the training department have their apps in. They are not line pilots. Only the check airmen are. I highly doubt that Crummy, Magill, Martin and Torti are having ice cream with you on Saturday.

This is from http://www.jetcrew.com/gallery/album1-01.htm better known as "Higher Power Aviation" :

We're Nuts Too!
In recent years, more new-hires at Southwest Airlines have come from Higher Power Aviation than any other training center. HPA offers our students a unique training experience in which they can learn about the opportunities and culture of Southwest Airlines. The friendly folks from Southwest Airlines' People department normally come by for weekly visits to meet with our Boeing 737 type rating students.

I appologize, the people from the Training Dept never get near the place, it's the people from the People Department!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back