Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is the biggest loser you have flown with?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What a great thread.... I will add one...

Many years back I was a F/O on a BE-99. We were in line number 4 or 5 out of about 20 or so for take-off in MCO, when my Captain puts his hand on his chin and goes into a deep thought process. I asked him if everything was ok? He looks and me and say's "oh gezz, well you had best let the tower know that we are HEAVY" I said, What? He said, "yea, we are at max takeoff weight and that he did not want to upset the Delta 757 behind us". I said, yea thats funny. He looked right back at me and said "I am not kidding, Listen I want to get hired over there at Delta and I want to look good in front of their pilots". I said I tell you what, you tell the tower that, I dont want to sound stupid on the radio. Well this jerk -off get's on the radio and say's, "Tower this #### 2546 HEAVY, we are ready for take off, just want to give you some notice, we are a HEAVY today so please let the Delta 757 behind us know, and that he will have to offset the runway after takeoff".

Dude we are in a BE-99 !!! It only weighs 11,500 pounds !!!

You should have heard all the comments on the tower freq. I laughed at this guy so hard, I actually pissed my pants.

After all the laughter was over and we took off, the tower says, ####2546 Heavy! Contact Departure !!!! You could hear the controler laughing his azz off.

And yes, you guessed it. We called departure control and even they had heard about our HEAVY BE-99 !!!OH MY I could not even talk on the radio I was crying laughing so hard.

Sorry about the spelling didnt have time to check it..

What a great thread.... I will add one...

Many years back I was a F/O on a BE-99. We were in line number 4 or 5 out of about 20 or so for take-off in MCO, when my Captain puts his hand on his chin and goes into a deep thought process. I asked him if everything was ok? He looks and me and say's "oh gezz, well you had best let the tower know that we are HEAVY" I said, What? He said, "yea, we are at max takeoff weight and that he did not want to upset the Delta 757 behind us". I said, yea thats funny. He looked right back at me and said "I am not kidding, Listen I want to get hired over there at Delta and I want to look good in front of their pilots". I said I tell you what, you tell the tower that, I dont want to sound stupid on the radio. Well this jerk -off get's on the radio and say's, "Tower this #### 2546 HEAVY, we are ready for take off, just want to give you some notice, we are a HEAVY today so please let the Delta 757 behind us know, and that he will have to offset the runway after takeoff".

Dude we are in a BE-99 !!! It only weighs 11,500 pounds !!!

You should have heard all the comments on the tower freq. I laughed at this guy so hard, I actually pissed my pants.

After all the laughter was over and we took off, the tower says, ####2546 Heavy! Contact Departure !!!! You could hear the controler laughing his azz off.

And yes, you guessed it. We called departure control and even they had heard about our HEAVY BE-99 !!!OH MY I could not even talk on the radio I was crying laughing so hard.

Sorry about the spelling didnt have time to check it..

front office, hows the big blue ocean treating you?

"I am not kidding, Listen I want to get hired over there at Delta and I want to look good in front of their pilots".
LOL! So I guess this guy also figured that the Delta guys would recognise his voice from his resume, too, huh?
I give this guy second place in the thread.

12 miles, over international waters...but I have had captains try to do it coming out of Dallas.

You can exceed 250k below 10,000 ft if it is the minimum clean safe speed your airfraft flies at. The heavies do it all the time.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back