Who in the heck is REPUBLIC!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cmrflyer said:
Sure the $22 an hour is a lot better than the $8 they were making as a flight instructor, but come on CHQ its time to get real.

...not to mention someone is conveniently using $22/hr as the FO rate, which is of course only for the first year. A first year FO at Comair is totally blowing them away with, uhhh, $23/hr.

The difference is far more dramatic for subsequent years, but since SOMEONE needed to trot out $22/hr like it's an insult, I'd like to understand how $23/hr is something to crow about...??

I'm even going to give you the benefit of the doubt on the $43/hr as an FO thing, but only if you're referring to 3rd yr. pay on the 70-seater, rounded up. Still not much to crow about, but at least it's easier to understand than if you're making those bux on a 50-seater. Of course most 3rd-year FO's at CHQ aren't FO's at all, they're Captains, in which case they're making from $10-20/hr more than you are. ;)

cmrflyer

Now don't forget, when you pull on the stick, the houses get smaller. Push on the stick and they get bigger.

Me- First year F/O $45K plus per diem. Upgrade 1 year.

Last edited:
Me- First year F/O, $12,499/hr, upgrade 1 week.

$1.75 an hour perdiem, do your captain make that, 18 days off a month, do your captains get that, cancelation pay do your captains get that, thats right boys, i'm really upset, 100% deadhead pay, do your captains get that.

Yes i might speak sh!t, but that is because i'm speaking about sh!t.

cmrflyer said:
$1.75 an hour perdiem, do your captain make that, 18 days off a month, do your captains get that, cancelation pay do your captains get that, thats right boys, i'm really upset, 100% deadhead pay, do your captains get that.

So what, our per diem is a $1.50/hr and yes a good majority of our captains and even JUNIOR FO's get lines with up to 18 days off per month. Our FO's don't wait for 8-10 years to upgrade either. Another 50 new airplanes within the next year and we didn't have to sell ourselves out and take a pay freeze for them either. That's better than anything your contract has in it....period. Sounds like someone is a bit upset and jealous that CHQ is getting 170 flying for Delta.

Last edited:
cmrflyer said:

I don't know, they're not "my" captains... Enjoy your cancellation pay and your 100% dh pay, I'm sure that adds up to an extra $10-20k/yr, right? It must, since you make $40-50/mo more in per diem... Surely that adds up to ten grand a year? ;) Don't worry, the RAH boys will likely be happy to know that they can deduct the shortfall in per diem on their taxes come next April. More likely they're happy to know that they aren't surrounded by a bunch of finger-pointing rats like the unfortunate captains that get to fly with YOU... Unless you get the ones that agree with you, in which case you can both get your jollies accusing everyone else of bringing down the profession while you enjoy your pay freeze, which is of course CHQ's fault.

At least you're correct about speaking about poo poo, because that's what fills the cavity in your head normally taken up by gray matter. Surely that poo poo doesn't stink, because you work for Comair... Nice to see that there are still enough of your kind at Comair to perpetuate that mindset. We've all seen your kind, and it's unfortunate because there are so many quality people at Comair that have to live with you making them look bad.

Now get outta the bar and go to work. Better still, just go to work and do your job without feeling it necessary to criticize your competition... Be happy that you don't have to work for what you consider slave wages at CHQ and be happy with your OWN paycheck every other week. You may find that life is a little more enjoyable that way.

But I doubt it, I gather you get off on throwing stones.

Have a nice life anyway, you're at least good for some comical eye-rolling.

cmrflyer said:

1. Per diem = increase in OCT
2. 17 days off this month
3. with 96% completion (which i might add we recieve 90+% of all months) remember we complete flights not cancel them..
4. 75% deadhead...
plus let me add a few things

1. 1 1/2 - 2 yrs for upgrade.
2. Bases in many cities (not stuck in CVG) ohhh wait.. you just took pay freezes for more bases... sorry!
3. Company Diversity - not all eggs (flying) in one basket (Delta)
4. Not the threat of being sold.. ( and no I don't find this one to be amusing)
5. Growth, Growth, Growth
6. Not ALPA (this one I am thankful for)
7. 3 yr. contract

I'm sure you get the idea

Like it was said earlier... I find most of your pilots to be very friendly and hospitable, it's only jerks like you that perpetuate the Nasty Comair Pilot or NCP attitude!

"1 1/2 - 2 yrs for upgrade."

Are you really sure that you can take this one to the bank? It is fortunate that some of your pilots are enjoying such a quick upgrade right now, but that can't last forever...

FurloughedAgain said:
"1 1/2 - 2 yrs for upgrade."

Are you really sure that you can take this one to the bank? It is fortunate that some of your pilots are enjoying such a quick upgrade right now, but that can't last forever...

Yeah, I agree wholeheartedly with this. It will not last for ever; I wish guys would stop crowing about it. Eventually the music IS gonna stop, and our job next contract is to make sure CHQ is a livable place for everyone here, in every seat.

PS I've been saying this for the last two years, long before I upgraded.

Latest resources

Back