• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who has left ASA for SkyWest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So Dave B. is been at SkyWest a little over six years and all of a sudden he's a the top dog

Very close to top dog.

You see SkyWest is such a great place that when he started at the bottom and then after over 700 pilots in front of him quit he is now in the top 1/3 of the list.

:beer:

When will you people learn to read?

Here's what I said taken right out of my post that you quoted:

"To me a staple is just as reasonable a solution as DOH. So yes there is some sarcasm there. I figure if an ASA guys pushes for DOH we should be pushing just as hard for a staple since neither is an equitable solution."

What part of "neither is an equitable solution" is so difficult to comprehend?

Does it really sound like I'm adovcating a staple or am I using the staple as a way to make the point that it's just as bad as DOH?

Did you really make it through high school?

Loosen up some, Captain Poopie Pants.

I've talked to a number of Skywest pilots that are very concerned with this issue. I believe ALL, except one dude who rode my jumpseat, that I've spoken to would never cross a picket line..... However, some leave me to wonder.
Skynation, Torpid? What do you think?

Trojan

NEVER!!! Wouldn't have done it during the Comair strike and will not do it now. There is not one Captain I know that will fly struck work. (And if the Captain aint gonna do it, the plane aint going!!)

I don't know where you guys get this notion that we are all waiting to be a bunch of scabs. Whether we are represented by ALPA, SAPA, CRAPA or whoever doesn't matter. We have to live with ourselves and our decisions and I think ALL pilots at SkyWest will agree....we will NOT fly struck work (no matter what mgt says or does.)

If a pilot from SkyWest ever decided to fly struck work, he or she would have more to worry about from their own peers at SkyWest than any list ALPA creates.

NEVER!!! Wouldn't have done it during the Comair strike and will not do it now. There is not one Captain I know that will fly struck work. (And if the Captain aint gonna do it, the plane aint going!!)

I don't know where you guys get this notion that we are all waiting to be a bunch of scabs. Whether we are represented by ALPA, SAPA, CRAPA or whoever doesn't matter. We have to live with ourselves and our decisions and I think ALL pilots at SkyWest will agree....we will NOT fly struck work (no matter what mgt says or does.)

If a pilot from SkyWest ever decided to fly struck work, he or she would have more to worry about from their own peers at SkyWest than any list ALPA creates.

That's great to hear and pretty much dead on with what I figured.

Trojan

USC-

Maybe it would be better if you would ask the our Skywest allies if they will support us in the event of a strike. When you ask, "will you fly struck work," it carries some negative connotations. Whether we like it or not, Skywest pilots are our biggest ally right now and need to be treated as such.

USC-

Maybe it would be better if you would ask the our Skywest allies if they will support us in the event of a strike. When you ask, "will you fly struck work," it carries some negative connotations. Whether we like it or not, Skywest pilots are our biggest ally right now and need to be treated as such.

I totally agree we need the Skywest pilots support. And, for the most part, I believe we have it. I have never tried to be negative towards any pilot group, let alone the Skywest group. I certainly can't speak for anyone else, but I don't think anybody has taken any type of offense to anything I've asked. I may be mistaken (not wrong of course, I am a pilot afterall).

Now being negative on the SEC, well that's completely different and you can't hold it against me.

Trojan

Last edited:
You guys/gals at ASA know the Skywest pilots are on your side...I dont think there is any need to worry about anyone dumb enough to fly struck work IF it comes to that...

Union, non-union, whatever, its still a matter of we are all in the same boat regardless.

Latest resources

Back