• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who has a motorcycle?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Paid for my first (Honda) as a mewspaper boy in 1965. First Harley in 1967 (250cc Sprint) Triumph Bonneville in 1969, Sporster in 1970 & 1972, Kawasiki 900 Z1 in 1973. Still riding today (Harley Ultra) and like all brands.

HEADWIND

Any British bike riders out there? Gotta love those leaky Brit. bikes.
This is what I ride.
<------

PHP:
FracCapt said:
I've owned 7 bikes over the past 13 years. I started out with a GPZ550.

I also started with a GPz550. It was a fun bike, and it had no fairing. Anyway, how about a 'standard' or 'naked' bike as opposed to a cruiser or full-on sport bike? These bikes are great, handle well, are generally less expensive, and don't have lots of expensive plastic bodywork to replace when you drop it (you will--it will probably be in a parking lot or at a stop sign, but it'll happen). I currently ride a 1989 Honda Hawk and that thing is a blast, but it's kind of a rare bike and a little hard to find. If I had the money, I'd go for an SV 650 (either the S model or the standard...I like naked bikes but I also like low handlebars). My wife has one.

If you like the looks of airplane engines, how about a Moto Guzzi? I had one that always reminded me of a radial engine. Josh M.

Last edited:
Anybody out there riding a Suzuki M109R?

I'm seriously contemplating putting up the Honda on Craigslist and buying one of these. They look pretty sweet and from what the reviews say, this 1800 cc engine will leave a "Hardly" in its dust. I've seen some pictures with 280mm and 300mm rear tires, and the thing looks like amazing. The only thing I dont like is the headlight fairing looks ridiculous. Hopefully there is a way to change it out.

Just wondering if anyone has one, and if they have have any feedback.

Thanks

Harleys

90% of all Harleys are still on the road. The remaining 10% made it back.

Buy a Honda. You meet the nicest people on a Honda.

I ride a 1999 CBR 900rr... I love it but it was my first street bike and like the others have said "don't get something fast first"
I wrecked it the second day I had it doing wheelies in a big parking lot. helmet saved my life and I walked away with a broken collar bone and one hell of a big bill to fix my bike.. I have much more respect for it now and don't act so stupid while riding but I could never have anything other than a sport bike. being on call all the time doesn't leave me with enough time to go for a long cruise so I prefer the canyons

I bought a Suzuki M109R Limited Edition

Anybody out there riding a Suzuki M109R?

I'm seriously contemplating putting up the Honda on Craigslist and buying one of these. They look pretty sweet and from what the reviews say, this 1800 cc engine will leave a "Hardly" in its dust. I've seen some pictures with 280mm and 300mm rear tires, and the thing looks like amazing. The only thing I dont like is the headlight fairing looks ridiculous. Hopefully there is a way to change it out.

Just wondering if anyone has one, and if they have have any feedback.

Thanks

Hey Flyguy75000,
I just bought a brand new Suzuki M109R Limited Edition yesterday. It's an amazing bike; it'll leave a VRod in the dust.
I got the 2007 because of the awesome deep blue color with racing stripe, and I got a pretty good deal too on a brand new one. It's really powerful. The 1800cc engine is more powerful than Suzuki's 2000cc engine on their other bikes.

I've only ridden it a few miles, but so far, it's awesome. It's incredibly smooth and handles bumps and vibration great. It gets warm fast, so your butt will be hot.
Turning radius is a little wide compared to my 650 cruiser, but it rides low, so you don't really notice the 700 lbs much; even pushing it into the garage was pretty easy. Shifting is good, neutral was easy to find. Braking was very good too.

The passenger rear seat is included when you buy...and it changes out easy so you can take a girl riding. There is also a gas gauge, which is nice.

It has a slightly forward-leaning seat position that turns out to be incredibly comfortable. If you're less than 6' tall, it will probably be too long of a bike for you. I'm 6'1" and 265lbs, and it fit me perfectly. I didn't notice my rear getting sore at all like my smaller bike.

The only thing I really didn't like was that the ignition is located on the left side of the engine, so you can't turn off the key without releasing the clutch. Therefore you must turn it off using the kill switch if it's parked on a hill and want to leave it in gear. Also the key gets really hot!

I got insured through Progressive for $410/year (about $480 without multi-bike discount). Which includes their mid-level coverage. Interesting thing: when I listed it as the M109R limited edition, insurance quote was $760/year, but when I listed it as the VZR1800, which is what the owner's manual says, and what came up when I typed in the VIN#, the price was only $410.

I'll let ya know more when I ride it longer.

My bike:
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn157/daytonaflyer/IMG00122.jpg

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back