who gets midway u.s. flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BTDII said:
All of that I understand. What I don't understand is where mesa is suppose to get the 701's from. I originally was under the impression that the 705's that were ordered for Airways turned into 701's for mesa because of Mainline scope. I found out only recently that were still in the running for the 705's. So if thats the case then where is mesa getting 701's from since there's nothing on the Bombardier order list?

And it would'nt kill ya to pick up a phone and keep me in the loop ya know.:D ;)

I have to agree with BTD on this one. The only talk that I have heard about Mesa getting 700's were the converted options for the 705's that were rejected by mainline ALPA. As I understand it the original contract between Mesa and U didn't have any 700's involved. The 700's (705's) should go to PDT/ALG. We have more flying then we can handle. Good luck, -Bean:D

I just can't believe that Lowerenstein
missed the opportunity to buy into
Midway...guess it was too far gone
for him to buy it...not enough to
mess up!

Midway never would have failed in the
first place had they been given quality
leadership.

My best wishes to those crews that are
back on the street again. Good Luck!

Why would he buy the company when he could acquire the assets after the company has liquidated?

The only assets that matter are the aircraft and the aircraft are under US Airways control. There are only two US Airways regional partners that fly the CRJ---MESA and PSA.

Therefore look for the ex-Midway aircraft to be placed at either MESA or PSA---probably the former, since these aircraft will probably not easily fit within the pristine new fleet of PSA.

BTDII

I actually have no idea where MESA was to get 701's from the start excluding the 705 after being converted down to 701's. I think the original poster had some bad info.

If these airplanes do decide to come here, it will be as the 705's. 701's would come later, but that's another story all together.

A aspen message was sent to all three MEC's and mainline today about the only issue that is holding an agreement up for placing these jets at the WO's. That's the 50/50 ratio. At the last executive board meeting, it looks promising that this will be worked out at the next mainline MEC meeting scheduled for December.

It' still looks promising for the WO's but PSA aside, PDT is in better postion than ALG.

Latest resources

Back