Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Desiday said:
The hell with the contract carriers.

I've heard Mesa is getting some of their DCA jet routes.

And now, a word from the peanut gallery on why Mesa is the root of all evil . . .

Colgan is getting some DCA runs

Colgan's running a Saab 2 roundtrips daily ALB-DCA and 1 R/T MHT-DCA for Midway. Word has it from the Manassas Brain Factory that Mainline is scrambling to cover Midway's schedules. Mesa and Chatauqua will be getting the longer runs out of DCA to BHM, BNA, JAX while Piedmont, Allegheny, PSA and good ol Colgan will get the shorter runs like DCA to RDU, GSO.

the other little colgan rumor is that several more Saabs (5+ all B's) are on the way and coming on line starting in January to cover more DCA routes from the Midway fiasco as well as replace some Beech routes like SYR ,ALB, JST, Jamestown, NY and Bradford, PA.

Right now Colgan has 9 Saabs (all B models) with 8 on line and 1 (the spare Saab) in ALB for a "D" heavy check. 1 more new Saab (B model) will be delivered in December or ASAP bringing the total to 10. Then the other 5+ B model Saabs will be coming on line starting in Jan '04. The reason to emphasize "B model" is that the rumor about Colgan getting the Shuttle America "A" models is a rumor only. Also, the word is that Colgan will not be buying anymore Beeches, just Saabs and B's at that.

We're flying the spares now and just a quick last minute change in schedules like JST to stay a Beech base for now makes our world perfect. The Saab was suppose to start JST Oct 26. That plane is now doing the Midway DCA runs. But remember all of this will probably change next week, so stay tuned.

Last edited:
A question for ALG and PDT guys. How is your respective company adjusting your schedules for November. I'm guessing you have already been awarded Novembers bid.

Are they throwing it all into open time, or building build up lines for the senior reserve captains if you even have any?

i sure hope U mainline does not give MESA the flying cause you know the will screw it up...... I know PSA use to do some of the longer routes at DCA like DCA-BNA so are those the ones PSA is getting back? 328dude please tell us what you know.....Also 328dude i heard a rumor yesterday that mainline might be giving pensions back to the pilot group in exchange for 70seat jets at the w/o's at 50/50 is that true?

I have yet to see the actual routes that PSA will be getting this month. I should no more on Monday.

As far as the rumor goes, it was suggested along with many other ideas.

Outcome? Looking good, but running out of time since the aircraft are already being built.

Timeframe: 1 1/2 months

Bottomline: 70 seaters will not come here unless it's 50/50 period. Mainline seems to have finally seen the light, but what something from Group in exchnge. mainline MEC could care less where they go, Group wants them at the wholly owned.

I am PHL based CRJ and I was just assigned DCA-JAX and DCA-BNA for this week. All flying under Midway call signs. -Bean

Mesa's first of 20 CRJ7's under U Express is schedualed for delivery Jan 04. With these 20 plus additional 200 and 700 options, Mesa will fly 100 RJ's for U by end of 2005.

the turtle said:
Mesa's first of 20 CRJ7's under U Express is schedualed for delivery Jan 04. With these 20 plus additional 200 and 700 options, Mesa will fly 100 RJ's for U by end of 2005.

You may end up seeing a different outcome as far as the 700 series goes. Then again you may not, in which case the plan you have laid out above will be one of the saddest things that could ever happen to Airways.

Latest resources

Back