• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

who gets midway u.s. flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i thought the colgan saab was dropped in manassas? Not really sure though.

BTDII said:
You may end up seeing a different outcome as far as the 700 series goes. Then again you may not, in which case the plan you have laid out above will be one of the saddest things that could ever happen to Airways.

I wasn't referring to the 25 disputed CR9-CR7 union/WO fiasco...just the 20 firm CR7's that U ordered via agreement Jan 03. Mesa pilots in my opinion would rather see them go to the WO's, but as we beat to death in other threads ALPA mainline dosen't seem to get it, yes?

The saddest??????

"You may end up seeing a different outcome as far as the 700 series goes. Then again you may not, in which case the plan you have laid out above will be one of the saddest things that could ever happen to Airways."

You are a WO jackass who thinks that you are part of US Airways...Well your not!!! lets keep it in the family...boo hoo

Why?

"I wasn't referring to the 25 disputed CR9-CR7 union/WO fiasco...just the 20 firm CR7's that U ordered via agreement Jan 03. Mesa pilots in my opinion would rather see them go to the WO's, but as we beat to death in other threads ALPA mainline dosen't seem to get it, yes?"

Why...why would MESA pilots rather see that?

Anyone hear or know about the Colgan Saab in TN that was dropped when it was up on jacks the other day?

Somehow I'm not surprised when I hear about something like this.. Was is our mechanics that dropped it??

Re: The saddest??????

dooork said:
You are a WO jackass who thinks that you are part of US Airways...Well your not!!! lets keep it in the family...boo hoo

Dooork(to say the least),

Looking at your profile, you have 7000+ hours, and this was the best reply you could come up with? Your name suits you.

At any rate, according to the SEC (thats the Securities and Exchange Commission for those that took the "short yellow bus" to school like you) US Airways Express is made up of, get this, only "three" airlines. I'll give you a dollar if you can quess which. But the parent, US Airways allows other "Affiliate Airlines" to also fly under the Express bannor. The parent is able to do this because there is no scope on Express flying by any of the three Express carriers such as Mainline has scope.

These three airlines (PDT, ALG, and PSA in case you could'nt figure it out) are owned in the same manor as US Airways Mainline is owned. So yes we are part of the family and the flying is as much ours as it is Mainlines.

But the scope protections in our contracts cover PDT, ALG, and PSA flying not US Airways Express specificaly. Hence the reason that the parent(US Airways Group) is able to outsource our brand to fine pilots such as yourself. Thats the reality. The major difference between US Airways, PDT, ALG and PSA is that US Airways gets to negotiate with the people that not only control US Airways but also control the US Airways Group.

It's all in the SEC10k, spells it out plain as day. Check it out and think of it as a learning experience.

the turtle said:
I wasn't referring to the 25 disputed CR9-CR7 union/WO fiasco...just the 20 firm CR7's that U ordered via agreement Jan 03. Mesa pilots in my opinion would rather see them go to the WO's, but as we beat to death in other threads ALPA mainline dosen't seem to get it, yes?

I'm still trying to figure out which planes your talking about. Lets see if me and you are on the same page.

After that whole fiasco you mentioned, Airways was supposed to change the order for the CRJ-705's into CRJ-701's and lease them to Mesa. (Which will most likely have some kind of legal action taken if this is done.)

But as of Sep. 30, 2003, which is well past the date when Dave said he would do this, Bombardier shows no change in the original order. Meaning the 25 CRJ-705's are still, as of 9/30/03, on order according to the Program Status Report.(i tried to put it here, but it did'nt work.)

And for Mesa as of 9/30/03 the Program Status Report shows that there are only 19 CRJ-900 that have yet to be delivered. And we both know that Mesa cannot fly the 900 for Airways. The report shows that only 15 701's have been ordered and 15 have been delivered.

So where are the 20 CRJ-701's coming from?

Last edited:
BTD II,

I'll make a couple of calls, and should have an answer by the end of the week. I stand by my statement, however. The only thing that could stand in the way of Mesa's 700's (NOT U's order) arriving Jan 04 is if those planes are sent to UAL instead. But I will find out.

BTDII:

The airplanes in question for us are the 705's. The current talks are about placing the 705's on the wo property's. NOT the 701's which by the way could also be placed at the WO's.

If you see me around, stop me and I'll explain it to you.

328dude said:
BTDII:

The airplanes in question for us are the 705's. The current talks are about placing the 705's on the wo property's. NOT the 701's which by the way could also be placed at the WO's.

If you see me around, stop me and I'll explain it to you.

All of that I understand. What I don't understand is where mesa is suppose to get the 701's from. I originally was under the impression that the 705's that were ordered for Airways turned into 701's for mesa because of Mainline scope. I found out only recently that were still in the running for the 705's. So if thats the case then where is mesa getting 701's from since there's nothing on the Bombardier order list?

And it would'nt kill ya to pick up a phone and keep me in the loop ya know.:D ;)

Latest resources

Back