• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who gets deadhead pay?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Colgan pays 50% of the scheduled deadhead block, which, in my experience amounts to 1 hours pay for about 5 hours of duty.

Whiskerbizkit said:
Does that mean the FO has to pay 100% of the ticket?

Yes, what does he care? He already spent the money just to be on the airplane as a required crewmember. Right Russian? Oh I forgot, it's good experience and it helps your career. My bad, sorry to criticize.

CHQ pays 75% of greater of block or actual if online, 75% of scheduled if offline.
Minimum pay for a travel day (for training, checkride, etc.) is 2 hours if DH credit is less, otherwise DH credit..

..CT

Trans States pays 50% of actual or scheduled block whichever is higher.

The_Russian said:
Take your own advice meatwad!

Me complain? Are you kidding? I sleep great at night. I work for a good airline, am very senior, and have no debt from "buying" my right seat time.

I hope you didn't take out your Gulfstream loan in Rubles.

rattler said:
My point is, do not bash the Express pilots because they didn't give you the swing vote you needed to win. If CA does unionize it needs to come from CA pilots and no one else.

That's absolutely right, but keep in mind that these people WERE CA pilots when the vote took place, and had a responsibility to vote. "Abstain" isn't an option with the NMB voting process, and not voting was a vote for no union.

Second, my problem isn't with the guys who didn't vote or voted "no." My problem is when a CoEx pilot gets all santimonious with me saying we should have voted "yes," when it was their OWN UNION PILOTS who were responsible for the vote failing in the first place. THAT's when I bash.

I don't hold a whole group responsible for the actions of some, and I expect the same from them. That's all.

I GOT A HEHAHE ON A HEHAHA

Circuit breaker over....... We got a woodchuck in the bush code4...code4

Make sure you flush the commode!

Hey CA1900, why don't you go get a real job and stop trying to fix the Commode? ;)

You could show them contracts that include 100% deadhead pay from every other regional out there and they would play as dumb then as they did when longevity pay was brought up. They're in their own world up there and are never going to listen to you, man!

Last edited:
Didnt know Right seat RJ was a better job than PIC turbine. Were all not as good as you Shamrock....Must be nice to site right seat RJ for ten years.

Latest resources

Back