Who gets deadhead pay?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bite me Commode. It was a joke.

I've flown with CA1900 many times and I joke with him because he is a "Southwest or bust" kind of guy.

Again, IT WAS A JOKE.

CA1900 said:
my problem isn't with the guys who didn't vote or voted "no." My problem is when a CoEx pilot gets all santimonious with me saying we should have voted "yes," when it was their OWN UNION PILOTS who were responsible for the vote failing in the first place.

The non-voting XJT to CA pilots weren't in our "OWN UNION." Every single furloughed XJT pilot was on probation, and hence, not a member of ALPA.

Although I do agree with your main point. The really lousy thing here is that ALPA helped these furloughed knuckle-fcuks get their jobs at CA and most of them didn't even have enough gratitude toward ALPA to vote.

AWA pays 100% for D/H, I used to be a Commutairsmen and also thought the lack of D/H pay was grossly unfair.

Remember it's not YOUR problem, if THEY can't generate pairings that eliminate D/H's. Also, because THEY Don't have to pay for deadheads, THEY have ZERO motivation to help elinimate or control them, to them it's just free labor.

Can't tell you the number of times I did a 2 or 3 Leg D/H to ALB, PVD, etc.. so the primadonnas down there didn't have to bring bird up to PLB on a friday night.

Mesaba gets 1/2 of the scheduled block time, for a deadhead. However, if all you do for the day is deadhead, or total credit for the day is less than 4 hours, you get paid a minimum of 4 hours.

Latest resources

Back