Who are the better pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SUNDOWN said:
Your buddies at Graduation. "Oh SNAP....You got a T-38 instead of a real fighter!"
That's RIGHT. I forgot that's my permanent assignment and it must OBVIOUSLY mean I was a sh*t-bag in my class. You hit it right on the cranium there, buddy..

Recognize: The more you open your mouth, the more you demonstrate your willingness to post about things you have no conceptual grasp upon.

Talking out of turn...another SNAP symptom.

Last edited:
Hahaha dude you're killing me.

Another reason I don't miss commercial aviation... some people just have no clue.

SIG600 said:
Hahaha dude you're killing me.

Another reason I don't miss commercial aviation... some people just have no clue.

I see you're familiar with the term "SNAP," eh? :)

Who are the better pilots - The Coast Guard guys of course

Here at the airline I fly for we've got a bunch of both. It's been my experience that there's not a lot of difference between Air Force and Navy pilots, except that Navy guys don't seem to know how to lighten up in the aircraft. As well, you can tell a Navy pilot a mile away, without ever setting foot in the jet.

SUNDOWN,
Sory if I offended you but you just keep digging and not gaining any ground. I am just a rook so I usually shut my face and analyze when I don't know whats going on.

Anyway, since were in the mood for "Top Gun" quotes I feel the this one is very appropriate.

"Your ego's writing cheques your body can't cash." - The bald guy.

Later
JS

SNAP! Who gives a shyt what that stands for... Is it like the secret hand shake I learned in my fraternity in college?

Fury, you're an idiot. Stop embarrassing us military guys. For those of you who don't know... FAIP stands for First Assignment Instructor Pilot. The Navy had the same gig many years back. We called them SERGRAD's. Thank God that program went away.

Fury, you need to get some operational experience behind you before you can sound off like you got a pair.

Albie, get's it.... so it's back. If you ever want to hit some of the western creeks PM me. The groupie comment for Jstock was in obvious reference to his UPT bound profile defense of an Air Force instructor. Until your in the band your a groupie or a fan. Again why so thin skinned folks. You can have an inside joke, but Phantom can't. I don't get it Fury, how so? Now I may not know much or have ever flown a fighter, but I'm guessing I have a little more experience than you do ( I am still weak on secret handshakes and code words, reminds me of a sorority). Believe it or not there are couple civilian guys out there that may know a thing our two about flying planes. Fury and SNAP, I know being a FAIP is a very well respected position, kudos. I just felt the need to give you some sh!^ after your comments. I would of stopped but everyone got so excited....It's only fun when someone gets fired up.

Hell Yeah I would like to fly a T-38, who wouldn't?

Finally what is with the homosexuality references??

Last edited:
Sundown -

FAIPs are generally pilots who for one reason or another, don't get a fighter out of UPT and who elect to take the training assignment in order to remain in the fighter community with the hope of getting a follow-on fighter assignment latter on.

GV

SIG600 said:
Educate yourself... the T-38 is still a tactical aircraft, and based on the F-5. Something used as an attack a/c in lots of other countries, and used as aggressors by the US Navy. How many supersonic aircraft have you flown? Homo...

Calling the T-38 a "tactical aircraft" is a little bit of a stretch. Not totally out to lunch but that statement needs some clarifiers added on to it. Also, I'm not sure but I think the T-38 came before the F-5 - so the F-5 is based on the T-38.

GVFlyer said:
Sundown -

FAIPs are generally pilots who for one reason or another, don't get a fighter out of UPT and who elect to take the training assignment in order to remain in the fighter community with the hope of getting a follow-on fighter assignment latter on.

GV

"Remain in the fighter community??" When did we start considering Tweets and T-38s part of the "fighter community"? ;)

FAIP mafia

GVFlyer said:

GV.....

I hope this doesn't sound too defensive...but most of us don't elect to take a training assignment. Our IPs made the decision for us. If you get FAIPed out of '38s you are qualified for either a fighter or bomber follow-on (needs of the Air Force and all). Not quite like hoping for a second shot at a fighter, more like a short delay. When I graduated (2000) the FAIP assignment had a guaranteed follow-on (ex: T-37 w/ fighter for me). Just FYI. Have a nice day....;)

TUMBLEWEED

Latest resources

Back