Who are the better pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fury: your jet IS cool. The T-38 rocks.
Sundown: yes, it's a trainer... and if you haven't flown it, you be surprised as to how cool it actually is to fly it.

Huggyu2 said:
Fury: your jet IS cool. The T-38 rocks.
Sundown: yes, it's a trainer... and if you haven't flown it, you be surprised as to how cool it actually is to fly it.
Thanks Huggy, but I think you're biased.

SUNDOWN (as in..."you could have had him, Mav!") is spouting about things he knows nothing about and then is getting offended at my reaction. Clinical SNAP symptoms.

Peace, I'm out. I need my sleep to be a dyed-in-the-wool-killer-trainer pilot tomorrow.

SUNDOWN said:
I am sure you are a died in the wool killer flying training aircraft.

Educate yourself... the T-38 is still a tactical aircraft, and based on the F-5. Something used as an attack a/c in lots of other countries, and used as aggressors by the US Navy. How many supersonic aircraft have you flown? Homo...

The internet movie database takes the credit for this one: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092099/

The actor Clarence Gilyard, Jr. played "Maverick's" stand-in RIO (or is it a NFO...I'm not a Navy guy) after "Goose" bought the proverbial farm. He is also easily-spotted in the "you've lost that lovin' feeling" sequence, mostly because he's the only African-American actor in the bar.

His callsign? SUNDOWN.

Back to the forum from whence you came, SNAP-o-riffic.

Fury220 said:
The internet movie database takes the credit for this one: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092099/

The actor Clarence Gilyard, Jr. played "Maverick's" stand-in RIO (or is it a NFO...I'm not a Navy guy) after "Goose" bought the proverbial farm. He is also easily-spotted in the "you've lost that lovin' feeling" sequence, mostly because he's the only African-American actor in the bar.

His callsign? SUNDOWN.

Back to the forum from whence you came, SNAP-o-riffic.

SUNDOWN = OWNED!:smash:

I am unfamiliar with sundowners. It actually has a reference to something outside of aviation (imagine that). I get paid by the hour fellas so I don't need to go supersonic. Now give each other a big reassuring hug and know that all is going to be OK. I think I figured out what SNAP is. Your buddies at Graduation. "Oh SNAP....You got a T-38 instead of a real fighter!"

For the rest of you look at the thread and realize why I posted. Your friend SNAP tore into some dude that is probably his biggest fan..well, with the exception of that groupie JSTOCK.

SUNDOWN said:
I am unfamiliar with sundowners. It actually has a reference to something outside of aviation (imagine that). I get paid by the hour fellas so I don't need to go supersonic. Now give each other a big reassuring hug and know that all is going to be OK. I think I figured out what SNAP is. Your buddies at Graduation. "Oh SNAP....You got a T-38 instead of a real fighter!"

For the rest of you look at the thread and realize why I posted. Your friend SNAP tore into some dude that is probably his biggest fan..well, with the exception of that groupie JSTOCK.

You're still not grasping the concept, but keep digging the hole. It's most entertaining.

JSTOCCK groupie is going to UPT. I'd say that makes him an excited up and coming member of the band, not a groupie.

FWIW...I dug the kayak avatar. I use to have a pretty good eskimo roll, which I needed quite a bit since I wasn't the best on setting a good brace. Still...some of the most exciting times I've had (to include flying fighters) was in my old Hydra Taurus...

Latest resources

Back