• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who are the better pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Woah, who's touchy now? Lighten up, Francis.

Now that you turned the sarcasm off, though, it's nice to see your true feelings about fighter guys come out. No, that's not my call sign and I don't use it at the airline. In fact, I don't bring up what I do outside the airline unless someone asks.

I agree about an all volunteer military. I've never asked for kudos from anyone, least of all a bitter airline guy who's dad flew fighters. Bombing neighborhoods? Nice...yet more evidence that you don't know what you're talking about and a slap in the face of every guy who's been asked to go hit targets under tough circumstances.

I don't think he was "stroking himself" on TV. The reporter was asking the questions, and out of a 20 min interview you probably only got to see 2 minutes of it. And you'd be surprised about what PR officers tell us to say sometimes. Of course, you don't know...you're just going off what you've heard.

Further, our tanker pilots do much more than just fly in circles. Ask the -135 guy who air refueled dudes at 5K (at night, on NVGs, in hostile territory) over Aghanistan in 01.

Look, bro, you don't know s*** about me or what I think. You were throwing all kinds of jokes out about the USAF flying club or whatever and maybe I was out of line with what I said. I had no hostile intent. Your post, however, was utter BS and full of bitterness. I had no idea not being a fighter pilot riled you up so much. Conversation's over.

Rez O. Lewshun said:
I never said I did it...... Magnum. (is that your call sign??)

Listen dude -- this is another reason why you need to keep your trap shut a little more in here. Close your mouth and open your ears for 5 minutes:

"Magnum" is the operational brevity code for an AGM-88 (the "HARM" missile) launch. Saying "Magnum" is similar to saying "FOX-3" or "RIFLE." It's just operational brevity. Note his avatar picture...the F-16 is in the process of a launch. Note his "aircraft flown" and you'll see the F-16CJ listed. See the trail of smoke and fire? MAGNUM!!

I'm sure you've read your share of Tom Clancy novels and are quite well-educated from your father's experience, but it seems as if you have a chip on your shoulder about this topic and an indescribable hard-on for the Navy. You were using "GOOD NATURED SARCASM" before? Sorry...but I couldn't tell. It seemed to me that you were running your mouth about sh!t that's out of your league. The above is Exhibit A.

If you want me to pick on YOUR profession, just ask, brotha...

Rez said:
Bombing neighborhoods, I mean targets, isn't exactly glorious either.....

YGBSM.

Fury220 said:
If you want me to pick on YOUR profession, just ask, brotha...

If you know as much about his as he seems to know of yours, this might be quite embarassing.

Let it lay. Non-military guys won't ever know/understand what we do, nor will we understand what they've had to do to get where they are.

Why are you here?

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Nothing worst than a group of slicker than snail snot military pilots stroking each other....

I've been around the self inflated ego's long enough.

If I hated Military pilots so much...I don't think I'd be lurking in the Military Flying Forum. Maybe you can find a forum for children of military pilots, you'd probably fit in better there.

Okay everyone, lay off Rez. His heart's in the right place, he just took something I said the wrong way and popped off. I probably shouldn't have written it. No biggie.

And no, Redmeat, I won't ask you to call me MAGNUM. The real call sign is "Iceman," and I like to wear a brown leather jacket instead of my FDX issue black one. And I hope you don't mind the aviator shades on the AM out and back. Yes, it's hard to see outside, but it makes me feel cooler.

All right guys, I knew the sh1t was going to fly when I hit POST.

I'll do a better job representing Air Line guys if you do a better job representing MIL guys.......

Deal.....?

MAGNUM!! said:
And no, Redmeat, I won't ask you to call me MAGNUM. The real call sign is "Iceman," and I like to wear a brown leather jacket instead of my FDX issue black one. And I hope you don't mind the aviator shades on the AM out and back. Yes, it's hard to see outside, but it makes me feel cooler.

I have to admit that's funny.

I'm just messin with ya MAGNUM.
:beer:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back