• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

White House & Capitol Evacuated

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
According to Headline News (so take it with a whole shaker full of salt), the FAA has announced it intends to revoke the license of the private pilot. Supposedly he didn't get a weather briefing or check NOTAMs, and didn't know his interception procedures (duh). HN said the student pilot "took the controls and landed the airplane". Our hero of the day.
Sounds like they're going to bust the private pilot hard and let the student pilot go.

Not fair or consistant consequenses compared with others who have done the same thing. The only reason it's a big deal this time is because the government made 100,000 people leave their desks and run around in the street screaming.

EagleRJ said:
According to Headline News (so take it with a whole shaker full of salt), the FAA has announced it intends to revoke the license of the private pilot. Supposedly he didn't get a weather briefing or check NOTAMs, and didn't know his interception procedures (duh). HN said the student pilot "took the controls and landed the airplane". Our hero of the day.
Sounds like they're going to bust the private pilot hard and let the student pilot go.

Not fair or consistant consequenses compared with others who have done the same thing. The only reason it's a big deal this time is because the government made 100,000 people leave their desks and run around in the street screaming.
http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/st...US&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2005-05-14-16-07-47

It sounds like they are going to pull out the stops on this guy, no matter whether or not he got a DUATS or not.

Can you imagine the class action civil suit this could bring? Think about it, 20 people might have fallen down during the evacuation and now require physical therapy and acupuncture before they are physically well enough to return to the job. That might sound funny, but check out the price of most acupunture programs...that could cost as much as 2,200 each.

Also, think of the lost production of the employees...companies or individuals could sue, based on lost revenue. This thing is going to bigger than the cost of the Black Hawk and the F-16's flagging this dude down.

This is getting ridiculous, the punishment should fit the crime??? So this is a crime? You should be a politician, always passing laws and worthless no fly zones and all that is smoke and mirrors. The terrorists must be laughing hard, if it was there job to take away our freedom they are succeeding everytime some lawmaker passes a more restrictive law with mor harsh this and longer that. Its time people start thinking for themselves and not relying on CNN Communist News Network to live their lives. If a terrorist wants to massacre people, they are going to find a way and there is no law or TFR that will stand in the way of that. You have these idiot politicians like the one from upstate NY who last year proposed that every airport in America have TSA. Yeah, me and my son are going to take up the Stearmen today from Podunk grass strip, do we need to be wanded and here is a copy of our TSACC. Yeah, this guy wanted to make it a requirement that EVERY flight in the USA from fish spotting to aerial photography be on a flight plan. It is getting to the point where people are grasping and anything they think they have control over ie GA and trying to restrict it to the max. Wasnt it a Ryder truck that did the most damage so far? I could have sworn that Cessna in FL broke a window right?? Give me a break. Lets get real.

The only reasonable solution that is going to work is to reduce in size, or remove the no-fly zones, the P-areas. We would be stupid to imagine this event (NFZ incursion) will not happen again EVEN if they shoot some innocent GA pilots down. Let's start a raffle on how long it will take... weeks? months? I understand there are dozens of P-area violations each year. I am not so stupid as to imagine our elected a55es in DC would ever consider this -- they have to 'appear' to the public as if they are doing absolutely everything to keep the public safe. They are in a dreamworld as previous posters point out, if they really think they can achieve this. None of them has the (political) nuts to say out loud, "We cannot completely protect the public from terrorism." "We accept that there is always going to be some risk" "The no-fly zones cannot be reasonable protected, they cost a forture and provide almost zero protection from a determined terrorist attack so we are going to do away with them before we accidentally kill an innocent citizen."
Yup, the terrorists are falling all over themselves laughing with how WE have continued the terror OURSELVES by our reaction.

If we had not overreacted to the events of 911, our country and our world would be a lot more stable, the terror would have been confined mainly to the families of the deceased of those heinous acts, and we would probably be a 100 billion dollars richer as a nation. Our political system has encouraged the ERS, Excessive Reaction Syndrome, while a determined, stiff upper British lip would have been a LOT more appropriate in the face of these situations. We need to suppress the ERS as it applies to the no fly zone.

Traumahawk said:
This just goes to show how much safer we are since 911, and especially after the supremely timed invasion of IRAQ. I mean hey, I feel Safe.

WOW...a cessna 150 nearly shut-down the capitol of the most powerful country in the world.

Perhaps after this incident, we could reason that Abu Dabi may have cessna's of mass destruction and tactfully invade by sending even more Americans abroad to march around the streets like sitting ducks.....

Of course Bush will ride horses at his ranch recollecting his days of war....

Ahhhhh.....go ahead, say it. I'm a commie pinko tree hugging bleeding heart liberal. :rolleyes: ...Try again.

Ok I won't say that you are a "commie pinko tree hugging bleeding heart liberal", but I WILL say that what you posted is nothing but a brazen straw man argument.

gfvalvo said:
Kind of an odd suggestion considering that the two worst terrorist attacks in this country involved airliners and wheeled vehicles (not sure if Oklahoma City was a truck or a van). In fact there has never been a terrorist attack using light GA aircraft in this or (to the best of my knowledge) any other country. Are you going to ban SUV's, rental trucks, and vans from all major cities?

Having said that, this guy must have had his head so far up his a$$ that the lump in his throat was his nose. Consider:

1. Not using VFR flight following

2. (apparently) not keeping a listening watch on 121.5

3. (apparently) not even a hand-held GPS to help with airspace issues

4. (apparently) attempting to navigate the DC airspace using only pilotage

5. The straight-line distance from Smoketown, PA to Lumberton, NC is 353 nm. That's kind of pushing it in a C150. Given the above, I'd be willing to bet he didn't even flight plan a fuel stop.

Perhaps in order to possibly avoid worse damage to GA (and the moron politicians implementing even tighter restrictions), the best thing would be for the FAA to crucify this guy. Permanently pull his ticket and make an example of him. Also, civil fine and confiscate the aircraft.

Greg

Don't forget failure to obtain clearance before entering the Class Bravo airspace.....

Just do it the way they do it in every other country. No no fly zones, no restricted areas. If you get within 5 miles of any sensitive area you will be shot down period. The places not to go will spread by word of mouth.

TurboS7 said:
Just do it the way they do it in every other country. No no fly zones, no restricted areas. If you get within 5 miles of any sensitive area you will be shot down period. The places not to go will spread by word of mouth.

"The Defense Department regrets to inform you that your sons are dead because they were stupid"
-Goose

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back