• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

While we take in in the a##

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So you didn't vote for your status reps and don't go to LEC meetings....

Look, man, I'm not saying ALPA National salaries are acceptable, they may or may not be...

What I am saying is this........

You guys get on FlightInfo, in the crewrooms and cockpits and sportbitsh. You feed off of misinformation and get "off" slamming ALPA based on street trash talk. But nothing changes. So really, who is ineffective? Either lead, follow or shut it.

Is ALPA ineffective? Hel1 yeah! But so is it membership. No voter participation, no LEC meeting attendance and no ALPA-PAC contributions. There are 20+ year ALPA members that don't know the difference between an LEC and a MEC. How are you supposed to deal with these kind of pilots? How are you supposed to deal with apathy, ignorance, arrogance, conspiracy theories, antipathy and paranioa?

The direct information on ALPA salaries is posted on FI, but no one reads it to debate it or discusse it. Which indicates, you guys really just want to be pissed off, bitter old maids. What are your expectations? Are they justified? Are they realistic? Until you take the time, this includes the 20+ pilots, to back up your 1.95% and understand what your money is doing, you are going to be disapointed.

What I am saying is....look in the mirror. Before you throw stones look at your house....

Air Line Pilots must have representation. I don't care what the name of our assosication is. When you anti-ALPA guys decertify ALPA I'll support whatever replacement you install.....but until then I am supporting ALPA, despite its faults, cause it is all we got! The industry is changing, and so must ALPA, however, you whinners are offering no solutions! All you do is cry in your Wheaties. Let's shake up the organization, weed out the 'pigs at the trough' and make it better. Can you? Do you even know how? Do you really want to? Or is your FI fix all you really want?

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Is ALPA ineffective? Hel1 yeah! But so is it membership. No voter participation, no LEC meeting attendance and no ALPA-PAC contributions. There are 20+ year ALPA members that don't know the difference between an LEC and a MEC. How are you supposed to deal with these kind of pilots? How are you supposed to deal with apathy, ignorance, arrogance, conspiracy theories, antipathy and paranioa?

You really don't get the point do you? The membership has to an extent grown apathetic because of ineffectual leadership who care about nothing but their salaries. I notice you glossed over the part about their missing integrity at national these days. Why is that Rez. Is it easier to just compkain about all the line pilots and pin the blame on them?

Yes, I think it is.

Rez O. Lewshun said:

Can we get an 'Amen'?...from the Amen corner. I too see and hear lots of complaining, whining, and everything else.....but I see absolutely no action...get it going...introduce the resolution at the next LEC meeting...let your local council vote on it...make sure you get the word out or only the regular 13 attendees will get to vote on it.

then you will see if you really have something going or if you are way out in left field.

Buck up, buddy....

Tejas

Rez O. Lewshun said:
So you didn't vote for your status reps and don't go to LEC meetings....

Look, man, I'm not saying ALPA National salaries are acceptable, they may or may not be...

If you are not sure of the fact about what is a grossly inflated salary coming out of our pockets given the pain the membership has endured you fall inot one of two catagories.

1) You're a direct receipent of those monies

2) You're to far out of touch with what is really occuring out on the line these days.

To put it to rest further... I do vote, I do go to meetings when I can and I do support the pac. So please save your pollyanna feel good descriptions of those who are absolutley disgusted with what ALPA has turned into.

Man, you just wanna be pissed off and bitter. What a burden to carry. Let's say you "fix" national salaries? Then what. What direct effect does that have your pay and work rules? Or are you not happy untill everyone is miserable?

If you are going to qualify your ALPA hate, then what about the terrorist, managment, gov't, & the economy? Or is ALPA your one stop shopping for your hate, discontent and misrable existance?

Again, ALPA has problems.. BIG ones. Get the blinders off national salaries and come up with real, pragmatic solutions. Align your expectations. Stop whinning.

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Man, you just wanna be pissed off and bitter. What a burden to carry. Let's say you "fix" national salaries? Then what. What direct effect does that have your pay and work rules? Or are you not happy untill everyone is miserable?

If you are going to qualify your ALPA hate, then what about the terrorist, managment, gov't, & the economy? Or is ALPA your one stop shopping for your hate, discontent and misrable existance?

Again, ALPA has problems.. BIG ones. Get the blinders off national salaries and come up with real, pragmatic solutions. Align your expectations. Stop whinning.

No Rez, I am disgusted. If someone was pissed off and bitter it would mean they had an iota of care about what was going to happen with the future of ALPA. I have seen to many lousy decisions, and a continued ethic of spineless defense of the profession to even care anymore.

National salaries are the root of the problem sport. These guys live in a fantasy world and have forgotten what it is like to be line pilots. They are so far out of touch with us "common dues paying members" they do nothing proactive to really address the "common dues paying members" problems and crisis within this industry.

Make no mistake Rez, they won't rock the boat. Can you imagine the pay cut for some of these guys if they did?

Leadership flows from the top down. The membership has no faith in the leadership because they are no there to lead. They are there to escape the continued degredation of their carriers contracts.

Boeingman said:
No Rez, I am disgusted. If someone was pissed off and bitter it would mean they had an iota of care about what was going to happen with the future of ALPA. I have seen to many lousy decisions, and a continued ethic of spineless defense of the profession to even care anymore.

National salaries are the root of the problem sport. These guys live in a fantasy world and have forgotten what it is like to be line pilots. They are so far out of touch with us "common dues paying members" they do nothing proactive to really address the "common dues paying members" problems and crisis within this industry.

Make no mistake Rez, they won't rock the boat. Can you imagine the pay cut for some of these guys if they did?

Leadership flows from the top down. The membership has no faith in the leadership because they are no there to lead. They are there to escape the continued degredation of their carriers contracts.

If that is what you believe, then I'll repsect it.

Your 1st paragraph. Specifically, what lousy decisions and spineless defense?

2nd paragraph. What proactive action do you want? What do you want National to do? (within policy and law?)

Question. Have the ALPA National Officers taken a pay cut? Yes or No?

Last paragraph. Nat'l salaries are tied to the hourly rate of the airlines they work for or the formula. How can Nat'l escape the degredation of thier carrier contracts when thier pay is directly tied to it?

Finally, does poor leadership from the top define your leadership?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back