Which way to go-SWA or JetBlue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So what's it gonna be stud?

B2, when you make your decision, let us know, and let us know what the clincher was ...

Best o' luck

Being a Seattle native I'd go Boeing, but really guys, if it came to driving a bus or not working ... come on! Domicile choice and company furture seem a little more important to my quality of life than whether or not the plane is French. Althought that reminds me of a joke .... (most things do)

In heaven the French cook, the Germans build the planes, and the British are the Diplomats.

In he!! the British cook, the French make the planes, and the Germans are the Diplomats.

PS Either one of these planes will be WAY better than some of the POS's I've driven for everyone's favorite uncle!

hopeful said:
race pilot-

what happened at ATA, wash out?

No, actually I made it through L-1011 training quite easily but decided JetBlue was the best place for me to be in the long term. Thanks for your interest though. But all that was covered in great detail last month on this board so I won't go there again. BTW, what's the latest airline training program you went through and how is your airline doing now??

FL510GV said:

I am dissappointed that a former AF pilot would make a statement like "Ron Brown's demographically selected unqualified crew." Did you know those guys?

I knew the former commander, J.A., who left 5 days before Brown's flight.

You have been briefed on the accident and probably even read the report. Yes, the pilots were at fault...

Yep, nav error in route, flying an unauthorized approach (2 NDB approach with one ADF), 220 knots clean at the FAF, correcting the wrong way for wind drift, and failure to identify the MAP.

The AF is still paying the consequences for that tragedy.

Tragic is right, first the loss of life, then the bloodbath that followed: 3 officers relieved, I think about 16 admonished, everybody in the 76th grounded until they take a checkride.

None of it had to happen.

Muddy

Last edited:
ivauir
Thanks for the heaven/he11 analogy/ I think that my have been the only worthwhile thing posted on this whole thread. As for the bus and the guppy, who gives a darn? BTW I do drive a Toyota, so you can start bashing me for supporting sushi eating or some other nonsense. What ever happened to the free market? You guys want it one day but not the next?

I would go with SWA. They have been around for a long time and everyone else is HOPING they can follow there mold. Jet blue is NEW and yes you could get alot more seniority at jetblue, but unless they will be around until you retire that means nothing. Going with a great proven stable airline in SWA vs. a good NEW airline in jetblue i would think is the beter decsion for today, but who knows what tommorrow will bring. I know a few pilots that left SWA to go to UAL when UAL was the best airline to go to and who are now furloughed from UAL.

Skank said:
ivauir
BTW I do drive a Toyota, so you can start bashing me for supporting sushi eating or some other nonsense. What ever happened to the free market? You guys want it one day but not the next?

Airbus Industries is heavily subsidized by the French government. It's an extension of their social welfare system and a means to offer full employment to their citizens.

I Like em both but if I had a choice, I would go with Southwest. SWA has a longer history and a good financial track record. As for JB, I like them too but I am not much of an Airbus fan and they are still relatively young.

Airbus vs. Boeing = Boeing all the way.

The Boeing design revolves around the pilot in design. As for Airbus, they are looking to get the pilots out of the equation.

B190Captain,

It is obvious you have never flown an Airbus. I have only jump-sat in the A320 - but it was a great cockpit - wide, comfortable, clean panel - great side-sticks. You say the Boeing design revolves around the pilot - yeah, well the pilot better weigh only 120 lbs... The 737 cockpit is very tight - you can't stretch out. How would you feel on the long BWI-LAX runs? Yeah, my arse would ACHE after three hours... Even jump-seaters are comfortable in the A320 on trans-con flights...

I know that Boeing did not consider pilot comfort in its design. For example, the 747-400 has a ridiculously small flight deck - and the 737 is much worse. For the trans-con flights, an A320 would suit me fine.

All the Jet Blue naysayers out there are wrong. Jet Blue has a great model. It is following the Southwest formula with a difference - its SERVICE is much, much better. You can't beat the in-flight TVs. Jet Blue will continue to grow and the pilots' compensation/schedules will continue to improve.

I think Race Pilot made the right choice - Jet Blue is a great choice. Plus, who wants to fly 7 sectors per day?

Thanks

To the orginal poster,

I guess if there is any problem to have you've got the best one. After reading all the posts including the stupid and usless for this thread its clear to me you have a dead heat except for the commute which in my short 6 years as a professional pilot make it a deal braker for you. And this wasn't said by any other person here, just you. Sometimes its easy to miss the easy answer among all else.

Spoken like a true uninformed consumer
Race Pilot Red Neck Guy,

Here you go again spouting off crap like drunk 300 pound nascar fan stressing the alluminum legs on his kmart lawn chair to their plastic (mu ultimate) limit sitting in front of his grandmas trailer surrounded by beer cans and empty Dorritos bags.

" I knew someone would finally bring that subject up and I'm glad you did. First let me say that I have never owned a foreign car and probably never will. Thank goodness that good ole American car makers have good full size trucks and of course the love of my life, the Corvette Z06"

Unless your driving a pre 80's truck/car made in the US chances are my 4 banger Toyota truck (airport car still goin strong after 535,000 miles) has more US construction/labor/parts than our "beloved" plastic vett or red neck pickup. In fact my neighbors Honda Accord is fully produced in the US as is my new BMW which I pick up next week. The guy I'm flying with this month has a dodge ram 1500. Its internal engine parts and drive train are all machined in China along w/ the 20" getto rims he'sgot on it. While your at it try researching where Ford buys its steel.

Latest resources

Back