• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which regional will be gone 1st? Mesa or Xjet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
obviously you don't know much about our contract, because that's not allowed.

He's from RAH, they know nothing about contracts or negotiations. They rather fly a mainline aircraft at sucky regional rates..... But enough said, that's probably why he'd rather they buy xjet and thinks that it means they can do as they wish (not the case). Must be a new FO who doesnt understanad xjet payrates put RAH rates to shame any day of the week. And will do so for years to come.

obviously you don't know much about our contract, because that's not allowed.

Not that I think in a million years this would happen, BUT if it or anything like it did, your contract would not protect you. XJET is in such poor financial shape, that any buyout (and it would be a buyout, not a merger) would be preceeded by the requirement that XJET declare bankruptcy. Included in the BK filing would be that the pilots contract would be abbrogated. Therefore, no protections. In the case of an RJET purchase, ALPA would not be in a position to help much because the Teamsters (RJET union) does not recognize the ALPA merger and integration policy. The saving grace is that RJET's CEO has repeatedly said that he is out of the 50 seat business. The chance of the OP's ideas coming true are slim to none.

I do have a feeling though (and a mole in FC's office or i guess the interim cfo now....you get the picture), that BK is in the works for XJET. The contract signed with CAL is in no way profitable without MAJOR cost cutting. Most likely only obtained thru BK. Unfortunately, the industry leading contract that XJET has will be destroyed. Take a look at Mesa's current contract. That will be what mgt will be shooting for.

As a former COEXer, I do hope you all well. It's going to be a tough, tough next year for you. In some ways the furloughed 300+ will have it easy....

Sucky industry

He's from RAH, they know nothing about contracts or negotiations. They rather fly a mainline aircraft at sucky regional rates..... But enough said, that's probably why he'd rather they buy xjet and thinks that it means they can do as they wish (not the case). Must be a new FO who doesnt understanad xjet payrates put RAH rates to shame any day of the week. And will do so for years to come.

On second thought, it's guys like this that give XJT pilots a bad name. The elitist mentality! I don't wish things on people, you're tempting me.

Last edited:
Not a good merger.. A non alpa carrier do not want to merge with a alpa carrier. See ALPA merger policy, this policy was also adopted buy the govt for future mergers and acqs.

Why would RAH want to buy Expressjet? It would serve absolutley no purpose. RAH may want to buy a few 145's at auction rates IF and only IF Expressjet was selling through bankruptcy or liquidation, but that is not currently the case, and there currently is no need.

This is probably the least thoughful rumor I have heard. While I don't doubt it was cooked up by a RAH pilot, it is so far from making sense and shows the minimal intelligence of its creator. What an embarassment. If it ever were to come true, this idiot will be the one saying STAPLE! STAPLE! Truly idiotic.

My money is on Xjet.

Be bought by RAH (not a merger) and will be a painfull integration though.

I'm voting for a staple if this happens.

It's starting to look like Mesa will never die. (Or Delta has some sorry lawyers.):nuts:

Is increadible how you fill your moth with crap!!! just because a stupid pilot made a comend to you or because the newbies think their the shet in this FKN wonderfull company (witch by the way I love flying with this idiots and SHOOT them down my self) is ok to judge an entire group!!

my pay rate Vs. yours!!!
they dont know nothing about negotiations!!!

meyers how old you said you where???

If it's a merger then something should be worked out. If it's an all out purchase, then the conquering nation has right to do what they choose. Those are just the rules.

It doesn't matter if its a purchase or merger. The XJT contract applies to both which says there would be a merger of operations and seniority list in a fair and equitable manner. Just ask SKW management why they put the condition or removing our scope and Holding Letter on their "all out purchase" of XJT.

Not that I think in a million years this would happen, BUT if it or anything like it did, your contract would not protect you. XJET is in such poor financial shape, that any buyout (and it would be a buyout, not a merger) would be preceeded by the requirement that XJET declare bankruptcy. Included in the BK filing would be that the pilots contract would be abbrogated. Therefore, no protections. In the case of an RJET purchase, ALPA would not be in a position to help much because the Teamsters (RJET union) does not recognize the ALPA merger and integration policy. The saving grace is that RJET's CEO has repeatedly said that he is out of the 50 seat business. The chance of the OP's ideas coming true are slim to none.

I do have a feeling though (and a mole in FC's office or i guess the interim cfo now....you get the picture), that BK is in the works for XJET. The contract signed with CAL is in no way profitable without MAJOR cost cutting. Most likely only obtained thru BK. Unfortunately, the industry leading contract that XJET has will be destroyed. Take a look at Mesa's current contract. That will be what mgt will be shooting for.

Anytime we are talking about bankruptcy, anything can happen. But its not as easy as you make it seem. Abrogating a contract isn't just done by a judge just because you ask him to. And even if it was, doesn't necessarily mean that the scope and Holding Letter is even touched. In other words, it does NOT mean the whole contract is thrown out the window.

As for ALPA not being able to help in a seniority list integration with Teamsters, again, the XJT contract talks to that also. It says it would be fair and equitable.

As for XJT going into BK, of course anything is possible and anything can happen in BK. But there are some things that can help the XJT pilots if the concession deal is written well.

Is increadible how you fill your moth with crap!!! just because a stupid pilot made a comend to you or because the newbies think their the shet in this FKN wonderfull company (witch by the way I love flying with this idiots and SHOOT them down my self) is ok to judge an entire group!!

my pay rate Vs. yours!!!
they dont know nothing about negotiations!!!

meyers how old you said you where???

Ummmmmmm.... Wow!

Latest resources

Back