WHICH PLANE? A320 or 737

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boeing/Bus

Have to agree with what the engineers say about this whole issue of Boeing/Bus.
Bus makes aircraft easier to work on, but have to do a whole lot more to them, then the comparable Boeing product.

Parts wear out quicker on the Bus and need to be replaced more frequently.
Boeing just keep going and going and going and going.................

Fearless Leader said:
Parts wear out quicker on the Bus and need to be replaced more frequently.
Boeing just keep going and going and going and going.................

The Boeing pedigree dates back to WW2 and the amazing, massive battle damage the B-17 took and still managed to RTB, while the Liberator boys ended up being harassed by Col Klink and Sgt Shultz in some Luftstalag, if they survived at all.

Boeing knows how to build durable, strong aircraft and excellent redundant systems.

Having flown both, (all three if including Douglas products), I'd take the Boeing.

To sum it up:

Airbus= comfort
Douglas=durability
Boeing=everything else.

Having the ability to cross my legs, recline like I'm in a lazy-boy chair, the room to get up and stretch on those long haul's, and eat my meals without balancing the tray on my lap is pricless. Whatever improves my quality of life while actually working has my vote and for that you just can't beat the bus.

All that other crap about engines, reliability, fms systems, etc. is just tech talk and doesn't amount to much in my book when choosing one airplane over another. For me it's all about the comfort level and not having to see the chiropractor every other week.

clickclickboom said:
I just got typed in the 320 and have not flown the 73. Pros and Cons which plane would you guys rather fly? and why?

Click,

I flew the 73 for about 10 years, and have about 5 years now on the bus. I think the boeing is a better built product, but I prefer the Bus just due to the decreased cockpit workload.

After a 4 day trip on the 73, I was worn out, but 4 days on the 320 series isn't any problem.

Quiter, bigger cockpit, better visibility, etc.

Recurrents are easier as well.

In the end, one has to choose the job for the company and where the crew bases are, not for what they fly.

Just my personal opinion ...

DW

My QOL would suffer immensely if I broke down in Bishkek or some or worse yet Lagos. Ill take the Boeing every time.

bigboeings said:
My QOL would suffer immensely if I broke down in Bishkek or some or worse yet Lagos. Ill take the Boeing every time.

Maybe since you're a IRP you should go for the one with the most comfortable jumpseat.

bigboeings said:

O yes many US Airbus operators go there.

Latest resources

Back