Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which country's ATC is hardest to understand?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Of the places I've been - Vietnam is the worst.

On another note, I think the Japanese have one female controller. She must be busy since she seems to work just about every sector. She sounds cute, though.

Yep that must have been the one I heard!! Very cute!

Saudi Arabia , Korea and India are a piece of cake...when you start getting used to to Karachi and Yangon control on HF. Worst I've heard recently is Curacao control...the papiamento accent is tough to decipher...

Japan and China....and Turkish women controllers.

+1 on Turkish women controllers....I can't understand anything they say, thankfully we are at the flight levels and not in an approach environment.

I was going to post this if no one brought it up!

The sad part flying abroad is not that at the beginning you don't understand ATC but that eventually you will

Man...that is the truth. Someone mentioned the Philippines previous, and I was wondering; "What's wrong with their accent? Its not so bad..." BUT, I've been flying there for a few years now. The sad thing is that I can understand most of them now...Philippines, Japan, China, Indonesia. Still, its nice to go into Naha and hear an American voice...

BTW, my vote is for Vietnam. To this day, I still don't know WTF they were saying to us..

Latest resources

Back