which citation is better ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gfunk27

Im looking to leave 121 for a charter company with citations and just wondering how the Cj3, Bravo, and Excel match up. I know the Excel is more aircraft than the Bravo, but am not sure about the CJ3 and Bravo.

Check HERE

also...

The Citation V/Ultra/Encore

Basically a stretched S/II by 24" and features additional engine thrust. A popular airplane, it was in production in late 1992. In May 1994 and improved version, the Ultra, was introduced giving it a greater range, added thrust and updated avionics package. Production ended in 1999 with the Encore in 2000. Improvements, trailing-link gear, P&W 535A engines and total wind antiicing bleed air). Citation V Serial CE560-0001 through CE5600259, Citation Ultra CE560-0260 through CE560-0538 and Encore CE560-0539 and ON

The Citation II/Bravo

Built between 1978 and 1984, quickly became the worldwide best selling business jet. Customer demand resulted in a reopening of the production line in 1987. The airplane was being manufactured until 1995. In April of 1997 the Bravo rolled out with improvement over the heavy II with trailing-link gear, P&W 530A engines, 45,000' surface ceiling, Primus 1000 avionics and increased payload. Citation II Serial CE550-0002 through CE550-0505, Citation II Classic Serial CE550-0550 through 0626 and Citation II Heavy CE550-0627 through CE550-0733. Citation Bravo Serial CE550-0801 and ON

The Citation CJ3

The first flight of the CJ3 is planned for the second quarter of 2003 with certification under FAR Part 23 Computer Category since the aircraft gross weight is heavier than 12,500. This is slated for later this year. Deliveries of the $5.895 million (2003) CJ3, designated the Model 525B, are scheduled to begin in the third quarter of 2004. The new tailcone is 24 inches longer for
passenger comfort than the CJ2 and expanded standard and optional avionics. Avionics will include full Collins Pro Line 21 CNS radios, Collins FMS-3000, FMS performance database. The database will provide takeoff and landing performance data at the customer's fingertips. Additionally, V-speeds will be calculated and posted to the primary flight display (PFD). In addition Goodrich's LandMark Class-B TAWS, Goodrich Skywatch TCAS I. Like the rest of the citation jet series, the 1,664 NM (NBAA IFR) CJ3 is designed for single pilot operations at a certified altitude of FL450. The FADEC-controlled, 2,780 lbs thrust Williams FJ44-3A engines (14% more takeoff thrust and 12% more cruise thrust than the FJ44-2C) will yield a high-speed cruise of 417 knots at FL330 while burning about 1,300 pph. The CJ2 speed is 410 knots and the Bravo is 403 knots at the same FL330. The TBO is expected to be 4,000 hours. Balanced field of 3,450 feet at sea level at a maximum takeoff weight of 13,870 pounds (CJ2 12,375) is only 30 feet longer than the CJ2 and 150 less than the citation Bravo. The useable fuel load is planned for 5,510 pounds. Warranty will include 5 years/5000 hours for airframe and avionics. Engines will have a 3 year/ 1500 hour warranty. January 2003 Cessna holding orders for more than 160 CJ3s.

I'd say the one that pays the most with the best QOL and benifits is the better plane to me..:)

None, they are all slow as hell... Well not the 7 and the X, but the rest I sometimes wonder if they have both engines lit. Any jet with rubber boots on it, come on!!!! LOL Safe flying to everyone. There is no a/c like a Lear.

None, they are all slow as hell... Well not the 7 and the X, but the rest I sometimes wonder if they have both engines lit. Any jet with rubber boots on it, come on!!!! LOL Safe flying to everyone. There is no a/c like a Lear.

Some day you'll get to the point were you don't give a rats ass what you fly as long as the pay is great qol good and good MX.

Its not about about what you fly but the size of the paycheck and how often you are home :cartman:

Some day you'll get to the point were you don't give a rats ass what you fly as long as the pay is great qol good and good MX.

Its not about about what you fly but the size of the paycheck and how often you are home :cartman:

Now there is a guy that has it figured out!
Good post!

HAHAHAHA, Kiddie Jet!! LAND LOVER!! LED SLED!! all can be accurate descriptions of the Lumbering Lear.

Im looking to leave 121 for a charter company with citations and just wondering how the Cj3, Bravo, and Excel match up. I know the Excel is more aircraft than the Bravo, but am not sure about the CJ3 and Bravo.

I flew a Citation Bravo for a while. In fact, I got to pick it up brand new from the factory. It was a great plane that does alot of things well.

Michael

Well duuuuhhhh the one that pays more, sorry i figured i would give you some Regional humor. :cool:

Latest resources

Back