Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fly-n-hi said:
This is off topic...but I saw a bumper sticker that said:

Piss off a liberal...get a job, be successful, and live happy.

Classic.

My favorite bumper sticker reads:

Vote Democrat - It's easier than working

erj-145mech said:
ATR driver, get on the bandwagon and read the entire thread before you key the mike.

I already piped in on the lady. She should have been kicked off, and she has no chance of winning a lawsuit.

I seem to remember you saying in this thread, before I responded to you, that Iraq never had any WMD's. So maybe you should read the entire thread before YOU key the mike. I know I did.

A SWA 737, their ticket counters and gate areas are legally considered "Private" property. They either own or lease those properties which are at their discretion to regulate the activities conducted therein.

The woman had a contract (ticket) for carriage under the guidelines set forth in ALL of the finer print. There is a clause in the contract that the airline reserves the right to modify that contract AT ANY TIME. Telling the lady to "cover up or get off" was a legal modification of said contract. She refused and was kicked to the curb. No legal counsel in their right (Left?) mind would take the case.

100-1/2

Sorry, for the political punn (left) I had to chime in.

Just one more reason I LUV SWA!

I don't think anyone here would doubt my status as a full right-winger.

Personally, I would not care if she wore any anti-Bush shirt she wanted, provided no obscenity. "Bush lied, people died, Bush is a chimp", whatever. Let her shake her puny little fist at at the president.

If I were PIC, I would have thrown her off if she was wearing a F- michael moore t-shirt. The flying public should not be required to observe obscene words on someone's t-shirt.

The ACLU will make a big show of this, of course. It will go nowhere. The only 'public sympathy' she will garner is from left-wing Bush haters. Sensible liberals might really dislike Bush, but they will in no case feel that that entitles her to public obscenity.

This is just the Bush-hater's flavor of the month now that mother moonbat sheehan is passe.

Here is an article that states she walked off the plane voluntarily, expecting to get her ticket refunded. She was wrong.

Here a Portland Trib article regarding this story:

Lorrie Heasley says she just wanted to give her Democratic parents — waiting at Portland International Airport to meet her flight from Los Angeles — a laugh.
They never got the laugh. Because Heasley didn’t make it to the Portland airport. The Woodland, Wash., woman was kicked off her Southwest Airlines flight at a stop in Reno, Nev., on Tuesday because of the T-shirt she was wearing.
Two days later, Heasley calls it an egregious violation of her free-speech rights.
The airline says it’s simply a matter of following Southwest rules and dealing with someone whose profane T-shirt was offending other passengers.
The T-shirt Heasley was wearing was both political and profane.
It’s imprinted with photographs of President Bush, Vice President Cheney and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice with words under it alluding to a recent movie, “Meet the Fockers.” The shirt changes one letter in the movie title.
Heasley, 32, bought the T-shirt at a shop at Venice Beach, Calif. — “there were four stores down there that had them,” she says. She meant to buy the shirt for her mother, she says, but when she couldn’t find her mother’s size, she decided to buy one for herself and wear it when her parents greeted her at the airport. “Because I knew it would make them laugh,” she says.
Apparently, some of the passengers on the morning flight from Los Angeles did not share her parents’ sense of humor.
Flight attendants, saying passengers had complained, first asked Heasley when the plane stopped to let off and pick up passengers in Reno to change into other clothes, Heasley says. She told them she didn’t have any other clothes on board, but agreed to partially cover the T-shirt with her husband’s sweater. When the sweater fell down into her lap as she was napping, flight attendants asked her to change out of the T-shirt, turn it inside out or leave the plane, Heasley says.
When attendants told her that Southwest would refund her money for the flight, Heasley says, she and her husband, Ron, decided to leave the plane. But she says Southwest officials have since rejected her request for a refund. Forcing her off the plane, she says, was both ridiculous and a violation of her right to free speech.
“We have soldiers dying in Iraq to free Iraq, yet I get kicked off an airplane because of a T-shirt I was wearing,” says Heasley, who says she has voted for both Republicans and Democrats and agrees with some of the things President Bush has done. “That’s not freedom to me.”
But a spokeswoman for Southwest Airlines suggests that free speech ends when the F-word begins.
“We support free speech,” says Southwest’s Beth Harbin. “But when it comes down to things that are patently offensive or threatening or profanity or just lewd … then we do have to get involved in that.”
Harbin says Southwest’s “contract of carriage” with passengers, similar to rules all airlines have, specifies that passengers can be barred from a plane if they’re wearing clothing that is “lewd, obscene or patently offensive.”
“A political statement in and of itself is not unusual,” Harbin says. “We see that all the time. The basis for our concerns was the actual word used.”
After leaving the airplane in Reno, the Heasleys rented a car and took two days to drive the 12 hours back to the Portland area. Heasley wore the T-shirt all the way.
“There was no way I was going to take that T-shirt off.”

WatchYourElbows said:
...the Heasleys rented a car and took two days to drive the 12 hours back to the Portland area. Heasley wore the T-shirt all the way.
“There was no way I was going to take that T-shirt off.”

Bet she smelled great when they got home. And for the record, I agree with 100LL...I would have kicked her off if she had been wearing a f___ Hillary t-shirt. It's not who she's for or against, it's the words being used. If she thinks that free speech means she can use the f word to anyone she wants she is going to end up very surprised.

Ronald Reagan the greatest president to ever serve....

Can I get an AMEN!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back