Where was ALPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JoeMerchant said:
Here's the difference. RJDC is a lawsuit against ALPA for lack of DFR on ALPA's part. Nothing more, nothing less. It only represents the plaintiffs. It doesn't represent you, it doesn't represent Rez. ALPA on the other hand claims to be all things to all people while it really isn't serving anyone. You mainline guys have lost more than us, I'll be the first to admit it. Even more reason not to trust ALPA since you mainline guys essentially run the organization and it can't even protect you.

So to answer your question, RJDC serves shots of reality.

Shots of reality?? YGTBSM!? Bugs bunny has more reality than your organization.
Your reality is a lawsuit based on a ludicris amount of $$ to try and extort the union. If it truly is a DFR, or lack there of, why not just sue for that (of course that's all you got now since 9 out of 10 of your frivolous claims have been tossed). As I have stated, I have NO love for alpa, it is merely a loose coalition of highly independent MEC's whose needs and goals are not only very different from each other, but often conflict with each other. And whose companies are actually in fierce competition with each other., I submit that you are wishing for ALPA national to be something it isn't and never really was. In times like these, ALPA is even less capable of being all things to everyone.
ALPA is what you put into it. Like Rez says its easier to hate, and if that helps you through the day, so be it. Your amount of $$ sought after was a laugh! Is that how you sold so many new hires and young pilots to contribute to your money pit!? Your lawsuit is fading fast, and you guys are grasping for air. Hurry, I think Haber's house in the Hamptons is due for a new roof!

JoeMerchant said:
So to answer your question, RJDC serves shots of reality.

That's funny, the only thing the RJDC serves up is half truths and outright lies.

Judge Glasser summarily tossed out 9 out of 10 claims on, even before discovery. Sure Dan Ford danced and changed his story several times in court trying to preserve the six claims that maintained monetary damages, but the judge saw right through the charade and tossed them out. Even though the burden of proof was heavily weighed against ALPA in it's motion to summarily dismiss the RJDC claims, the judge had to assume that all the facts were in support of the RJDC, but even then 90% of Dan Fords lies and false claims were summarily dismissed. Beautiful. The only thing he and the RJDC were able to hold on to was that they had stated, not proved, a claim which the judge had subject matter jurisdiction over. That's it, a pathetic showing at best.

Now after 2 plus years of discovery, the RJDC still can't bring the case forward, all it can muster is the occasional update and requests for more documents, hoping that the judge won't toss the last remaining claim out before the end of its never ending discovery process. Just keep those checks coming, I'm sure your lawyer appreciates it. What a joke.

I hope good times return, then we don't have to fight over the crumbs of the pie.... If good times return, we can each get our own pie.....

Latest resources

Back