• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nahhh ALPA does a great job all by itself

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Trying to rev up the ALPA hate machine?

Are you saying that their notable abscence during such trying times at NWA is excusable? Defensible? Reasonable?

Or is this just another example of a lesson lost on unionism where ALPA has failed once again to support their brother unions? Failed once again to grow a pair of balls?

Where was ALPA?

At NWA, it appears they were negotiating. Their hotline sez there will be a number of crewroom and base informational meetings this week to provide updates on negotiations, and take feedback.

Would you prefer a meaningless gesture of yelling at the CEO?

If so, you and I should play high-stakes poker together someday.

Here's an interesting quote from the article:

"AMFA's campaign to stop the union-busting tactics of Steenland and Northwest Airlines is being supported by Ray Rogers, director of Corporate Campaign and a nationally known figure in the labor movement."

1. Who cares if he supports it?
2. He's an idiot. (I've met him)
3. His efforts have been wildly successful for those AMFA guys, huh?

Boeingman said:
Are you saying that their notable abscence during such trying times at NWA is excusable? Defensible? Reasonable?

Or is this just another example of a lesson lost on unionism where ALPA has failed once again to support their brother unions? Failed once again to grow a pair of balls?

I'll defer to post #4. Occam speaks to the issue, is pragmatic and objective. You on the other hand....well I'll let your emotional, rehtorical post speak for itself....

I'll help....

What specifically do you want ALPA to do?

How has ALPA not lived up to your expectations?

If you were King for a Day what would you do?
Please limit your responses to pragmatic, legal solutions..... IOW show us how you are smarter than ALPA National and the full time staff working the issues daily.....

Occam's Razor said:
Where was ALPA?

At NWA, it appears they were negotiating. Their hotline sez there will be a number of crewroom and base informational meetings this week to provide updates on negotiations, and take feedback.

Would you prefer a meaningless gesture of yelling at the CEO?

If so, you and I should play high-stakes poker together someday.

Here's an interesting quote from the article:

"AMFA's campaign to stop the union-busting tactics of Steenland and Northwest Airlines is being supported by Ray Rogers, director of Corporate Campaign and a nationally known figure in the labor movement."

1. Who cares if he supports it?
2. He's an idiot. (I've met him)
3. His efforts have been wildly successful for those AMFA guys, huh?

Your are negotiating with people who do not negotiate. They demand, they renege then they fight. They are out to destroy the union. They are succeeding.

Now, is it me or have I read that ALPA at NWA is already picketing? Is it to much for your mind to grasp the value and publicity of extending that picketing to a nationally televised event to try and put pressure on the ilk running your company?

As far as the guy you mentioned , seriously, who gives a crap who he is or what he did? You all better bury the labor hatchet over there and get some union solidarity before they pick you off one by one.

BTW, where did I say yell at the CEO?

Last edited:
Our resident ALPA puffer

Rez O. Lewshun said:
I'll defer to post #4. Occam speaks to the issue, is pragmatic and objective. You on the other hand....well I'll let your emotional, rehtorical post speak for itself....

I'll help....

What specifically do you want ALPA to do?

How has ALPA not lived up to your expectations?

If you were King for a Day what would you do?

Please limit your responses to pragmatic, legal solutions..... IOW show us how you are smarter than ALPA National and the full time staff working the issues daily.....

Occam is living in the past and is delusional if he thinks traditional, non confrontational, quiet tactics will work with NWA management. Just as you are living in a fantasy world that ALPA is without fault and earning every cent of their members dues dollars.

Boeingman said:
Occam is living in the past and is delusional if he thinks traditional, non confrontational, quiet tactics will work with NWA management. Just as you are living in a fantasy world that ALPA is without fault and earning every cent of their members dues dollars.

More rhetoric....

ALPA has its problems.... Not living in a fantasy world...actually trying to deal with reality....but guys like you with your rhetoric and emotion make it difficult...

Rez O. Lewshun said:
More rhetoric....

ALPA has its problems.... Not living in a fantasy world...actually trying to deal with reality....but guys like you with your rhetoric and emotion make it difficult...

You epitomize the problem with ALPA today. To many elitists like yourself, who are completely out of touch with what is occuring to the regualr line pilots.

Rhetoric is only a term used for people who do not like to hear the truth. Like you for example. As far as emotion, the entire union could use a good healthy dose of it right now. Or are you content to see the continual degradation and decimation of contracts across the board as ALPA continues on this same path and modus operandi?

Keep puffing there Rez. Keep on puffing. One day maybe you'll even believe your own rhetoric.

Last edited:
Boeingman said:
You epitomize the problem with ALPA today. To many elitists like yourself, who are completely out of touch with what is occuring to the regualr line pilots.

Rhetoric is only a term used for people who do not like to hear the truth. Like you for example. As far as emotion, the entire union could use a good healthy dose of it right now. Or are you content to see the continual degradation and decimation of contracts across the board as ALPA continues on this same path and modus operandi?

Keep puffing there Rez.

I'm going to take one more shot at this before it turns into a "I said screw you first...."

First I am a Line Pilot, so how is it I am not a in touch with what is occuring to me? A few displacements and furloughes good enough for you?

I'll ask you one more time. What is it that ALPA needs to be doing that it isn't. You gotta be able to answer this....

Latest resources

Back