• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where was ALPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No..I would not agree. There are millions of non-union workers who are treated fairly and actually feel ownership in the companies they work for...and those companies are successful. Look at most companies who have a large organized labor force and tell me how they are doing these days..

I will give you two examples..

Auto manufactures (domestic)

Airlines...

I guess the unions are totally without blame?

What airline do you work for?

Well isn't that unique... even SWA with great managment has unions.....

Most of the work force isn't safety sensitive. Got cubical issues?

Shopping a non-union shop????? ;)

Some Costcos are unionized. The company has no anti-union sentiments, and treats its employees wonderfully. Company policy is that not a single employee can make less than $10/hr, and everyone has access to affordable healthcare. Great company.

How will the vote go..

1100-1200 pilots will vote
Top 300 will vote No...alot of ground to make up
60% of the previous ALPA folks will vote No
??

I estimate 80% of the pilots will vote, with 65%-70% of them voting in favor of ALPA.

Glad to see ALPA is pressuring the NTSB on issues which the public doesn't care about...

ALPA is protecting the reputation of the two fallen pilots who can no longer protect themselves. Thank God someone is there to do it, because the company certainly won't.

ALPA is protecting the reputation of the two fallen pilots who can no longer protect themselves. Thank God someone is there to do it, because the company certainly won't.
...until it's determined to be 'Pilot Error'

But that's inside baseball...well over the heads of the general public.

Everyone keeps bringing up the SWA union management relationship....But it isn't just SWA management that cooperates.....

Remember the SWA pilots gave management a cost advantage for many years that was used against the "Legacy" carriers...They had no pension plan which gave them a huge cost advantage. They also had more flexible work rules....another cost advantage....

It takes 2 to tango.....

Latest resources

Back