• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where was ALPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only thing I know for sure about MDA is that it was separate airline within an airline staffed for the most part by furloughed mainline pilots whose only recourse to get back to mainline was via a recall and pilots from the CEL list comprised of pilots from the wholly-owned Express carriers There was no provision in place for an active mainline pilot to bid the EM170 position if he/she chose to nor any provision for the EM170 MDA pilot to bid a Group 2 or higher mainline aircraft. I've heard all the arguments as to why you guys think otherwise Ie:USAir callsign, same ops specs (gotta wonder how you guys sold that to the feds; that might be worth an investigation in and of itself );"The Embraer Division" of USAirways (Cute...I guess that makes Henson Aviation ,my former employer "The DeHavilland Division of USAirways" :rolleyes: ) ; my paycheck stubs said ....yada,yada,yada . But the fact of the matter for mainline pilots flying for MDA is; a furloughed letter from mainline is what bought you a ticket to the flying circus known as MDA . It wasn't a position you actually bid to fly while actively employed nor was it set up that way. And even if it was and you were never furloughed ,chances are you wouldn't have bid the position because of the abysmal payscales. If you guys put in as much effort into contract negotiations as you do in your attempts to rewrite history , we would all have been millionaires by now. Have a good night.

PHXFLYR:cool:
You crack me up, you are so wrapped up in your East hating you cant see the finger in front of your face. Try to remember this all happened before you hated the East so much.
You are correct this has all been argued before and there is no point in going over any of it again, you have your opinion that no matter what evidence is presented, its all wrong. I know it helps to deny what happened.
The only thing I will comment on is the Fed comment. It is really funny you brought up "selling that to the feds" because it was the feds that forced Airways to put MDA on the US certificate in the first place.
By the way Henson was part of US Air group, MDA was US Air INC. If you don't know the difference, there is nothing I can say.
But have a good night and keep telling yourself how your brothers that said CEL pilots were not qualified to fly jets because they flew Dash 8's was ok.
Your high road arguments will never hold water, if you cant admit a mistake was made no matter how ridiculous it was.

Last edited:
You crack me up, you are so wrapped up in your East hating you cant see the finger in front of your face. Try to remember this all happened before you hated the East so much.
You are correct this has all been argued before and there is no point in going over any of it again, you have your opinion that no matter what evidence is presented, its all wrong. I know it helps to deny what happened.
The only thing I will comment on is the Fed comment. It is really funny you brought up "selling that to the feds" because it was the feds that forced Airways to put MDA on the US certificate in the first place.
By the way Henson was part of US Air group, MDA was US Air INC. If you don't know the difference, there is nothing I can say.
But have a good night and keep telling yourself how your brothers that said CEL pilots were not qualified to fly jets because they flew Dash 8's was ok.
Your high road arguments will never hold water, if you cant admit a mistake was made no matter how ridiculous it was.

News flash , Eastie. Henson was part of USAir Group ...and so was USAir INC. So if you follow the trail of breadcrumbs and allow for the fact that MDA was a part of USAIr INC, then I think a claim can be made that MDA was a part of USAir Group much like Henson was . Not that it matters one way or the other. But if you MDA guys want to play make-believe mainline pilot while on furlough, don't let me stop you from indulging your fantasy.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
Shopping a non-union shop????? ;)

That is the way you guys like it.... I can't go to the EU for all my goods!

Seriously though, Costco treats its workers very well. No need for a union in the traditional sense...

If guys like you would stop makingg excuses for pathetic and failed management who get paid to destroy companies, we wouldn't need unions!

Wouldn't you agree?

How will the vote go..

1100-1200 pilots will vote
Top 300 will vote No...alot of ground to make up
60% of the previous ALPA folks will vote No
??

First you say...
Why do you care about focusing on the public? They don't matter. When push comes to shove, they'll care more about saving $0.99 on that next ticket. Wasting resources on advertising to the public is not a good plan.

Then you say:
Did you happen to notice that the NTSB held a press conference the day after they made that claim and retracted their statement that the pilots were disregarding company policy? Who do you think it was that jumped on the NTSB for misstating company policy? You think they would have retracted their statement if ALPA hadn't provided pressure? Think again.
Who did the NTSB brief benefit? Was it the public (Who doesn't matter) or was it the pilots (Who probably couldn't give 2 sh!ts until the final report is out.)?

Glad to see ALPA is pressuring the NTSB on issues which the public doesn't care about...

If guys like you would stop makingg excuses for pathetic and failed management who get paid to destroy companies, we wouldn't need unions!
What airline do you work for again? You might want to pull your shoe from your mouth.

No..I would not agree. There are millions of non-union workers who are treated fairly and actually feel ownership in the companies they work for...and those companies are successful. Look at most companies who have a large organized labor force and tell me how they are doing these days..

I will give you two examples..

Auto manufactures (domestic)

Airlines...

I guess the unions are totally without blame?

What airline do you work for?

Latest resources

Back