• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where was ALPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rez--If the MEC disregards the advice of their ALPA attorney, they are threatened with being put in receivership by National. THAT's how that works.

Um, no, that's not how that works. Receivership is something that is only done in cases of extreme malfeasance. MECs disregard the advice of their ALPA attorneys quite regularly. It's not that big of a deal. I usually think it's a stupid idea, and it usually turns out quite badly, but it is certainly done.

Correct, PCL. I can think of one recent case of an MEC rejecting National's advice resulting in a huge arbitration loss.

Don't worry, PHXFLYR, it's just a waiting game with the Easties. They'll be dying off soon, and then they'll be the minority. Then they'll get to see what it's like to be on the wrong side of tyranny of the majority.

Nah....I don't think so . My guys wouldn't stoop to their level and use the tyranny of the majority in the same manner that they did. We'll just let this play out in the courts. But mark my words.Those idiots back east won't let this go until they try to get this heard at the Supreme Court level. You can count on it.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Man, I hope the AmWest guys see justice before then!

Court proceedings should be starting within the next few months. Should make for an interesting summer...Thanks for your support !!

Where was all that righteous indignation when the benevolent West mec was trying to have the bottom 100 pilots REMOVED from the seniority list? PCL is correct, the West will own Airways in less than 10 years, no matter what comes out of the courts.

Does anyone still like flying airplanes?

Yup !!! Just can't stand working for an airline anymore. And therein lies the difference. But with a wife, kids and mortgage payment due every month I realize that unfortunatly its the only gig out there that will cover the bills. And trust me Yip,we live a very simple life style. Modest house I bought when I flew commuters, 2 vehicles that were purchased used and getting up there mileage wise and we're just about on a first-name basis with the entire cashier staff at our local neighborhood Costco. So please don't tell me to quit and find something else because I still love flying airplanes . I'm just at the point where I'm fed up with the airlines and their BS.

Last edited:
LOL ...They're so many of us that go there, you would think they would offer a pilot discount;)

Last edited:
Where was all that righteous indignation when the benevolent West mec was trying to have the bottom 100 pilots REMOVED from the seniority list? PCL is correct, the West will own Airways in less than 10 years, no matter what comes out of the courts.

The only thing I know for sure about MDA is that it was separate airline within an airline staffed for the most part by furloughed mainline pilots whose only recourse to get back to mainline was via a recall and pilots from the CEL list comprised of pilots from the wholly-owned Express carriers There was no provision in place for an active mainline pilot to bid the EM170 position if he/she chose to nor any provision for the EM170 MDA pilot to bid a Group 2 or higher mainline aircraft. I've heard all the arguments as to why you guys think otherwise Ie:USAir callsign, same ops specs (gotta wonder how you guys sold that to the feds; that might be worth an investigation in and of itself );"The Embraer Division" of USAirways (Cute...I guess that makes Henson Aviation ,my former employer "The DeHavilland Division of USAirways" :rolleyes: ) ; my paycheck stubs said ....yada,yada,yada . But the fact of the matter for mainline pilots flying for MDA is; a furloughed letter from mainline is what bought you a ticket to the flying circus known as MDA . It wasn't a position you actually bid to fly while actively employed nor was it set up that way. And even if it was and you were never furloughed ,chances are you wouldn't have bid the position because of the abysmal payscales. If you guys put in as much effort into contract negotiations as you do in your attempts to rewrite history , we would all have been millionaires by now. Have a good night.

Last edited:

With our stock at $2.58 a share the other day what makes you think its gonna last that long ?

PHXFLYR

Latest resources

Back