Where to live in Chicago?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
vclean said:
I can't wait to move out of Illinois. Wx blows. Property taxes are getting out of hand. Illinois has one of the highest energy (elec, natural gas) costs in the country.

Live over the border in Indiana.

MZ, how much have your taxes increased? How's your better half doing?

My buddy is selling his condo because his yearly property tax is $9k.....Thats in Glen Ellyn.

I'm with Rogue5 on this one. I live about 3 blocks from the Damen blue line stop. 30 min to O' Hare and about 10 min to the hart of downtown. Tons of bars, resturants, recreation, women and more women. I'm paying $1050 for a small 2 bedroom with a small yard. Street parking actualy is not bad, at least not on my street.

vclean said:
I can't wait to move out of Illinois. Wx blows. Property taxes are getting out of hand. Illinois has one of the highest energy (elec, natural gas) costs in the country.

Live over the border in Indiana.

MZ, how much have your taxes increased? How's your better half doing?

Not much....yet

My honey is good. We are contemplating getting out of this $hithole.

Live in Edgewater, next to the Lake

Huge 2 Bedroom just 45 mins fro ORD using Public Trans, 10 Mins to wrigley field for just 1010 a month. July 1st. 312-285-5908

Movin on out to da 'east side (of the country)

I used to live in that area also! Great neighborhood. Rosco Village is also near there and a great neighboorhood with good night life and places to eat. Rent similar to previously posted and we paid an extra $85/mth for a garage to park in. One car on the street too and usually didn't have trouble getting a space unless I got home late at night. If you are taking the train to ORD though that won't be a problem.

Weasil said:
I used to live in that area also! Great neighborhood. Rosco Village is also near there and a great neighboorhood with good night life and places to eat. Rent similar to previously posted and we paid an extra $85/mth for a garage to park in. One car on the street too and usually didn't have trouble getting a space unless I got home late at night. If you are taking the train to ORD though that won't be a problem.

$85 for a place to park......freaking pathetic.

Did I say that Chicago sucks a$$?

No not for a place to park. For a private garage, as in place to store your bike, tools etc.. and place to park indoors when it's snowing in the middle of wintertime.

Weasil said:
No not for a place to park. For a private garage, as in place to store your bike, tools etc.. and place to park indoors when it's snowing in the middle of wintertime.

Yeah....that's pretty pathetic.....not ripping on you, but it is sad. Chicago is like a wedding....a frickin ripoff

Actually Chicago is fairly cheap compared to other major cities in the world. You are not hurting my feelings, just displaying your own ignorance. Now London, that's an expensive city.

Weasil said:
Actually Chicago is fairly cheap compared to other major cities in the world. You are not hurting my feelings, just displaying your own ignorance. Now London, that's an expensive city.

Maybe that is the case but it is still a $hithole.

Oh, and buddy, let me tell you, I have lived in Chicago my whole life. Just because I think it is a $hitty place to live and a ripoff hardly makes me ignorant. I am sorry, Mr. Smarter than anyone else, I didn't think having an opinion was ignorant. I wasn't worried about hurting your feelings...I could care less what you think.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back