Where to live in Chicago?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
capt. megadeth said:
Nowhere near it if you can help it. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be near Illinois if I could help it.

Traffic sucks
If there's a tax for it....Chicago's got it.
If you really want to get ripped off....live "in the city"
People suck
Housing is a rip off
It's flat

It just plain old sux!

mniamo, am I going to get a phone call from you for this one? he he

That pretty much sums it up from my point of view as well.............

capt. megadeth said:
Nowhere near it if you can help it. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be near Illinois if I could help it.

Traffic sucks
People suck
Housing is a rip off
It's flat

It just plain old sux!

Go back to the farm then....

CHICAGO IS friggin' AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWsome!!!!!

You must have gotton, yur @$$ beatdown at a SOX game...

Can't go wrong with living near the Blueline....did my share in Bucktown back in the day...

The PBR and redhots are on me......bizzzzatches....

I was in your same situation looking for a place to live in Chicago about six months ago. If you want to commute via the Blue line "L" then you should live along it. I live in Bucktown and it's a 5 minute walk to the platform (the Western "L" stop) and then a 28 minute ride to ORD or 12 minutes to downtown. Wicker Park (Damen "L" stop) is also popular. Logan Square is nearby also on the blue line. Some people live downtown in a high rise. Some live along Lake Michigan in Licoln Park, Wrigleyville, Lake View, Gold Coast, etc. but that requires a bus and then transfer to the blue line. Others live close to the airport on the blue line at the Cumberland stop where there are a lot of crashpads. Chicago is unique in it's own way. Some people love it and some hate it. Make sure you come visit and get the feel of the area so you know what you're in for. Go to http://www.transitchicago.com/ for info on the transit system. Go to http://www.dreamtown.com/services/chicago-neighborhood-map.htm for information on neighborhoods. Hope that helps.

Chicago is alright for a Midwestern City, but everyone knows NYC is the **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ing Center of the Universe!!

House_X said:
Go back to the farm then....

CHICAGO IS friggin' AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWsome!!!!!

You must have gotton, yur @$$ beatdown at a SOX game...

Can't go wrong with living near the Blueline....did my share in Bucktown back in the day...

Well, according to your profile....you are broke.
Wonder why.

Bucktown???? Things that make ya go hmmmmmm?????

Farm? Trust me, I would rather be on a farm, I could get more land than 1/4 acre for $300K

Thank's for the replies, I guess I should be more clear in what the needs are. I don't have a family to worry about, looking for a two bedroom, an easy commute to ORD, a good pub close enough to enjoy, safe living in a good neighborhood that is affordable on a regional Captain pay. Will have two cars, so will need parking. Looking in the $1000-$1300/month rental range. Thanks for the replies.

capt. megadeth said:

Traffic sucks
People suck
Housing is a rip off
It's flat

It just plain old sux!

Good God Mon, we agree on something!

Live in Indiana or Wisconsin, much cheaper and get more what you pay for.

I live 9 miles from work at PWK and the drive takes me 90 minutes, and thats the fast way through all the back roads. If I took the "express ways" that would be just over 2 hours in travel.

Your a Bears/Ditka fan???

DX Rick said:
Good God Mon, we agree on something!

Live in Indiana or Wisconsin, much cheaper and get more what you pay for.

I live 9 miles from work at PWK and the drive takes me 90 minutes, and thats the fast way through all the back roads. If I took the "express ways" that would be just over 2 hours in travel.

What a minute...your bustin' on Chicago and your a Bears/Ditka fan????

Get rid of the quote...your not worthy....:D

House_X said:
What a minute...your bustin' on Chicago and your a Bears/Ditka fan????

Get rid of the quote...your not worthy....:D

I live here, I can rip on it all I want. When I get the chance, I'm moving of the City, atleast the Cook County area.

We have the elections coming up soon, and I heard Jessie Jackson Jr is running against Dick Daley. I think I will be penciling in Ditkas name, all Chicagoans should join me, if you know whats good for your health.

Planning on moving out of Chicago soon. If I ever get homesick I can subscribe to the Tribune, and read the murder reports in the Metro section.

Latest resources

Back