• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where is FRANCE now?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Didn't forget, just didn't mention it --- in much the same way that you forgot to mention who saved "our" asses from the English, twice --- segment that belongs right before "ineffectual, hypocritcal".
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't forget it. Didn't mention it because it wasn't the same thing. We likely would have eventually prevailed over the British regardless of French aid--including the French fleet at Yorktown. We were too big and the Brits had other problems elsewhere.

And it's worth remembering that we were in conflict with the French at varying levels of intensity both before and after the revolution--they were no great friends to us. Their help was calculated more to foil the English than to help us.

On the other hand, the French wouldn't have won WW I without our help, and they never, ever, ever would have thrown the Germans out following the Nazi triumph of 1940.

I don't think we dislike the French because their arrogance mirrors our own. After all, we're matchless. I think we dislike them because...well...they're French (TIC)?

Regards,
Furloboy

It is not a matter of France disagreeing with the United States that angers Americans. Many countries disagreed with the U.S including Canada, Germany, and Russia to name just a few. There is no such strong anger against these countries as there is against France. What angered Americans was France actively working to thwart the United States at every step of the road for it's own gain and then being hypocritical about their reasons.

France worked against us because it viewed the Iraq issue as a chance to regain some of it's former dominance and to become "the" leader of a new Europe based on an anti-United States stance. Their threatened veto at the U.N. was unprecedented in the history of that organization and quite possibly cost American lives by making a war inevitable. France was interested in France, it was not about peace. Furthermore, their unwillingness to remove the sactions after the war was over highlights France's true position. They only recently agreed to vote to remove the sactions. France did so because they realized the Germany, Russia, and the other Security Council members no longer backed France's position. France is no friend of the United States.

To the previous poster's comment:

"The world does not revolve around the United States"

Actually, it does to a large extent on many scales including economically, militarily, socially, and politically, which is why there is so much jealous and envy in countries such as France.

For those that want to bring up events that happened hundreds of years ago, then don't forget how the problems in the Middle East got started. It was European countries, including France, that after WWI partitioned and split up among themselves the territories of the Ottoman Empire along lines that guaranteed a century of instability in that region. Iraq is a case in point.

Last edited:
Self hating Americans - Take a hike !

The amount of self hating Americans on this forum is shocking. This bodes very poor for the future of our country . If you hate America so much surrender your citzenship and move out of the country . You "self hating Americans "ought to go somewhere else and get scholarships , financial aid , health care , medicine,food and shelter elsewhere . I would bet half of you have never even been out of this country , even on a vacation . Let me tell you where I have been :
France ,Italy, Jamaica, ST. Maarten, Trinidad, Venezuela , Mexico , Argentina ,Brazil ,Japan , Hong Kong, Korea, Australia, New Zealand,England and Canada.... I have seen whats out there and guess what, this is as good as it gets .

As Far as Americans being arrogant Take a trip to France or Canada and see how you are treated . Been there done that! The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence or is it the grass is always greener above the septic tank You tell me . !

Good points...but I think this issue transcends flight hour totals. Surplus1 is a great American whose views differ (somewhat) from mine. But he likely has more flight time than anyone on this board.

And yes, emphatically, for all its faults this place is as good as it gets.

Regards to all,
Furloboy

Chas,

The willingness to examine one's own actions or one's own country's actions objectively and be willing to be critical of them is not self hatred, it is called maturity. I don't hate myself, but I am certainly aware that there are some areas where I could improve. I've travelled to more than a few places outside the US myself, and I would agree that there's no-place I would rather live, however I don't make your irrational leap that because I like the US the best, then nothing the US does is above reproach. As humans we are expected to mature past the "anything I do is good because I am me" stage somewhere in early childhood. As countrymen, that level of maturity seems to arrive a lot later, or often never.

Here's hoping you reach that basic level of maturity soon.

regards

Re: Self hating Americans - Take a hike !

Chas said:
This bodes very poor for the future of our country...
...to say nothing of your grammar! :D

Hey FRENCHY...

I never said one one thing about Americans hating the French nor French hating Americans. Nor did I say that FRENCH FRIES were an invention of the French.

Also French people do not hate Americans as you claim, you forget that the medias are not the perfect source of unbiased infos when it come to polls.

So colonialism is a GOOD THING?.....

In 1960 I should remind you that Kennedy was a supporter of Algeria independence and was supplying arms and military support from the shadow.

and for you last quote....

And for last what does that have to do with flying????

Who cares what it has to do with flying? Mmmmm... lets see. Let's talk flying. Mmmmm I like my yoke. It has funny looking switches on it. How big is your gear handle....mines real big and it has a red light bulb in it. Then there is the seat...does yours have some levers and cranks on it...hmmmm mine does too. What about wings....the plane I fly for a living has wings on it too? How bout yours. Then them tires... the plane I fly has black tires on it. With WRITING ON THE SIDE! How bout you? Your plane got writing on the side of the tires? How about them windows on the cockpit? got some windows on your plane? Hey while were at it...how come planes don't have windows in the back? eh? ever see windows on the back of planes? What kind of paint is on your plane? Mine is white. Some other colors too.
Do the planes your fly have batteries in them? Mine does. They are kind of square with some writing on them. Do your airplane batteries have writing on them? What about them control towers. They are tall and have lots of window in em. Do you think they have airconditioning in control towers? Yea, lots of windows. What about them runways. Lots of birds come and go around runways. You land your planes on runways where you live? I land my plane on a runway. It is long and kind of grey with white markings. I wonder what kind of paint that is they paint those markings on with? You guys have white markings on the them runways over by you? I like runways. How about them digits on them radios...I bet if you stood upside down and tried hard you could spell " shell oil " on them digital radios. You ever use those digital radios before? I like them.

Well it was nice to talk flying with you FRENCHY...come back when you want to debate things like how to spell "check list" or if thrust or power levers should have black plastic bakelite handles on them or not.

Hey Typhoon1244

Now we are picking on grammar ? I guess you have a Masters Degree. The only thing you have to say about my post is about Grammar??No wonder you have 930 posts. I guess you are working on some sort of record . Good luck in your pursuit . By the way get a life ! Chas

wright avia
once again you are writing like a moron.
You started a post without checking anything and your reply was nothing but pathetic.
My advise to you is to get some help and stop writing some diffamatory post

I guess since you asked for it Frenchy

I'll have to be an ugly American and post something totally derogatory towards French peoples...I hope one of my favorite actors, JEAN RENO can forgive me...but you have driven me to this terrible name calling and hate slinging conclusion...

france-bumpersticker.gif

Latest resources

Back