Where is FRANCE now?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
furloboy,

I think history will not be kind to GWB and the iraq war. As far as how bad the economy is...what part of the country do you live in? As far as I can see, people are out of work, companies are declaring bankruptcy and no growth is in sight. It doesn't matter what line of work your in...things have never been worse according to the record books.

I'll keep getting up, flying the slo-jet and waiting for my furlough papers...and when I get em' the drinks are on me :) and I''ll change my name to furloboy II.

House

House--it's a date my slo-jetted friend! Second round's on me.

Then we'll have a good-natured discussion about which economic record books you've got on your shelf.

Loser buys rounds 3 thru 12.

Regards,
Furloboy I

WrightAvia

"Sorry dude, we didn't colonize Lebanon for 100 years. Algeria was a French colony. Apples and Oranges alert!!! Ding Ding Ding!"

I'm not sure I get what your saying. Does that mean England has a responsibility towards Honk Kong now? Should London send aid to help with SARS?

I guess that's apples and oranges too.

Last edited:
We're all such experts on world politics, why are we flying airplanes for a living? :p

The Iraqi war was a total farce. Saddam had little if anything to do with Islamic extremists, his country was suffering massive poverty from a decade of sancations. His weapons of mass destruction were all but non-existant and his secular views made other right-wing Arab countries hate him.

Couldn't have been said any better.... To date they have found "0" weapons of mass destruction, only good thing is 2004 will be here soon enough.

3 5 0

Karma?

isnt that Buddhist? Pleaee next time I fly a commercial airline let the crew be believers in a real religion- christianity, judaism . You dont happen to be friends with Richard Gere?
You know the guy who after 911 said lets "focus all this negative energy into a positive force " and got booed off the stage at a 911 rally are you ?

If Bill Clinton captured Bin Laden when he was ready to be handed over on a silver platter 3,000 americans would still be alive where was Karma then.

" we could have fed all of Africa with that mone y?? Yes 1 billion dollars to help the africans fight AIDS How about if they learned to keep there dicks in there pants . I gotta give africa money to fight aids???

"Economic sanctions caused poverty in Iraq" What about the 80
mansions Sadaam owns ?
Your views are so cockeyed its incredible .You guys make me wretch sometimes!

furloboy said:
Most of us don't hate France. We just recognize the French for being the ineffectucal, hypocritical, cry-baby "wannabes" that they are.

If I were a Frenchman I would respond to that bey saying: Most Frenchmen love Americans. We just recognize them for being the know it all, bombastic, arrogant, overbearing, gun-toting, militaristic, spoiled brat, cowboy bullies they are. What's more, since the only thing "French" about french fries is the undeducated imagination of Americans, who cares how many you don't eat."

But since I'm not a Frenchman, I guess I can't say that.

"Would ye had the gift He g'ee us to see ourselves as others see us"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If I were a Frenchman I would respond to that bey saying: Most Frenchmen love Americans. We just recognize them for being the know it all, bombastic, arrogant, overbearing, gun-toting, militaristic, spoiled brat, cowboy bullies they are."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You got it just right, as--just like the French--you forgot the "who saved our asses from the Germans twice" segment that belongs right after "cowboy bullies."

I know that the individual Frenchman isn't a bad person. Individuals worldwide--everywhere I've been--have by-and-large been fine people. But the French government seems to take a special pleasure in creating roadblocks for us.

Regards,
Furloboy

Loves French Fries as the tasty American creation that they are.

wright avia

Why don't you get the facts before posting them, in algeria there are menbers from the firemen of southern france plus menbers of the disaster team.
You are the perfect type of moron that act without thinking and like to discriminate so it make you look better.
Also French people do not hate Americans as you claim, you forget that the medias are not the perfect source of unbiased infos when it come to polls.
In 1960 I should remind you that Kennedy was a supporter of Algeria independence and was supplying arms and military support from the shadow.
There are differences between politics and people's opinion.
And for last what does that have to do with flying????

furloboy said:
You got it just right, as--just like the French--you forgot the "who saved our asses from the Germans twice" segment that belongs right after "cowboy bullies."

Didn't forget, just didn't mention it --- in much the same way that you forgot to mention who saved "our" asses from the English, twice --- segment that belongs right before "ineffectual, hypocritcal".

I know that the individual Frenchman isn't a bad person. Individuals worldwide--everywhere I've been--have by-and-large been fine people. But the French government seems to take a special pleasure in creating roadblocks for us.

I know that the individual (and most) American(s) aren't bad people either; after all I are one. Same goes for places worldwide where I have been. But the American government seems to think that the freedom to disagree with its policies does not extend beyond the borders of these United States. France, and for that matter anyone else, has the same right to say "no" that the USA has to say "yes". Last time I checked France was not an "American possession" and has never been.

Neither a people or their government should be discredited simply because they happen to disagree with the US from time to time. Also, if we are going to bash those who disagree with us, then we should bash them all equally, not single out the French.

Like it or not, we live on a planet that does not revolve around the United States. As soon as we figure that out, things will be fine again. In France, many Frenchmen believe that France is not a part of Europe but that France IS Europe. In the USA too many Americans appear to believe that the USA is not a part of the world but that the US IS the world. Both are wrong.

I think we dislike the French because their arrogance is a duplicate of our own. Maybe if we both looked in the mirror we might see the similarity.

Fly safe.

Latest resources

Back