• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WrightAvia

ap20030523_1603.html

100 years of French rule...

You'd think a little bit of Dien Bien Phu DEJA VOUS, wouldn't keep them Frenchies from helping an old ALLY!

ag.html

What are you puttz's talking about, anyway?

France giving aid to Algeria would be like the U.S. giving aid to Lebanon. At one time France "owned" Algeria, but the Alger's probably commited more terrorism in Paris than any other political/national group.

I assume your hatred from France comes from their war views, but remember this isn't a country of pacifists...but it was in their economic interest to keep Iraq as it was, as they and the Russians had the inner track to get significant amounts of oil for cheap prices.

The Iraqi war was a total farce. Saddam had little if anything to do with Islamic extremists, his country was suffering massive poverty from a decade of sancations. His weapons of mass destruction were all but non-existant and his secular views made other right-wing Arab countries hate him.

Now we are in the process of spending $75 billion for a useless war, money that could have fed every human being in Africa for one year.

Good job guys.

datafox said:
The Iraqi war was a total farce. Saddam had little if anything to do with Islamic extremists, his country was suffering massive poverty from a decade of sanctions.

Hmm those sanctions didn't hurt his palace production, nor his wealth collection. Hundreds of millions in Saddam's pockets, hmm me thinks the sanctions have nothing to do with the reason that his people are starving.

Now we are in the process of spending $75 billion for a useless war, money that could have fed every human being in Africa for one year.
Let the AFRICANS eat FRENCH FRIES. The western world's population holds steady, yet the Africans continue to pump out suffering children in spite of themselves. Feed them and they will just breed future aids sufferers or war/druglords.
France giving aid to Algeria would be like the U.S. giving aid to Lebanon
Sorry dude, we didn't colonize Lebanon for 100 years. Algeria was a French colony. Apples and Oranges alert!!! Ding Ding Ding!
I assume your hatred from France comes from their war views
Hatred FROM France...try OF France, it aint a Onmi-bearing selection. Who said I hated the FRENCH? I just want to know how come they aint helping a former colony struck with a serious natural disaster...since they be so outspoken about world events and all.

I wish we could find three people - the guy who was to be next in line (when the US invaded) to be dangled into the plastic chipper, the guy whose wife was to be next to be gang-raped by the guards while he was forced to watch, and a parent of one of the 12 year old kids who was imprisoned for refusing government indoctrination. Ask them THEIR views about the invasion.

Back in 1987 I was forced to land a DC-3 in Algeria due to engine failure and as a result was held hostage and interogated "in French" for days at gunpoint. I did not eat or sleep in a bed for several days and was threatened to a long jail term for the inocent act of landing a sick aircraft in there country. I was also involved at another time (same year) when they kidnapped a few of our passengers just for the hell of it. We were not even in Algeria!!! As far as I'm concerned they are Terrorist's and as much as I have little respect for France at this time, I think the Algerian's themselves should sort out there own problems. I dont believe the Algerians have ever rushed out to help other countries in need of help.

I agree with datafox...we spent billions on a useless war, the US economy is in shambles...and now we have our sights on invading other countries as well...as if we could afford it.

If we (United States) could turn a fraction of our energy for hating France into turning this economy around, maybe we could get ourselves out of the worst slump since the Great Depression.

But I doubt that will happen, we'll keep "hatin", the economy will keep slumpin' and airlines will keep furloughin'...

It's called Karma...

House

Last edited:
"I agree with datafox...we spent billions on a useless war, the US economy is in shambles...and now we have our sights on invading other countries as well...as if we could afford it.

If we (United States) could turn a fraction of our energy for hating France into turning this economy around, maybe we could get ourselves out of the worst slump since the Great Depression.

But I doubt that will happen, we'll keep "hatin", the economy will keep slumpin' and airlines will keep furloughin'...

It's called Karma..."

House_X,

Economy in a shambles? Yes, it's not what it was three or four years ago--but then it rarely ever is. Most countries would give their left nut to have an economy as "shambled-up" as ours. Shambled was the mid-80s when I paid 13% for a mortgage and employment was near double-digit. People dreamed about an economy like this back then.

Most of us don't hate France. We just recognize the French for being the ineffectucal, hypocritical, cry-baby "wannabes" that they are.

The airlines will be back, and the war was worth it in spades. Two years from now, barring another World Trade Center event, the economy will be rocketing.

You keep practicing your brand of Karma. The rest of us will keep getting up, leaning into the harness, and making things happen.

Good luck,
Furloboy

Latest resources

Back