• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where is FRANCE now?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I sure don't want to get dragged into this, but for what it's worth, Al Franken is on Prarie Home Companion, and that's good enough for anybody.

Al Franken...Rush Limbaugh?

I don't listen to either. If people can't come up with their own IDEAS for what they believe in...that's their problem.

MEDIA...just ask them how many golliwogs got SUCKED out of that piece of crap russian charter plane? First it was like HUNDREDS, then it was NONE, then it was like....YEA MEDIA.

avbug said:
...Al Franken is on Prarie Home Companion, and that's good enough for anybody.
It's good enough for me! :D

(I think he was on there like once...)

I'm disappointed. I had hoped to find some hardcore France bashing....

Anyone who follows the French media (I do.... and I speak the language) will know that the French are more wrapped up in stereotypes and prejudices than anyone posting anything on this board.

After having lived in France I can say that the image of "the ugly American" is complete bullsh!t. The French are the ones who are ugly. Their childish behavior on the world stage proves it, and this recent spate over not supporting the war and arguing against lifting sanctions after having tried to lift them for years is not the only recent example.

It is irrefutable truth that the French oppose our foreign policy based on motivations that are separate and apart from what their stated goals are. This makes them hypocrites.

Surplus...have been out for a few days. You asked about our pre-and post-revolutionary encounters with the French.

The French and Indian War preceded it, and the Quasi-War (1798-1801) followed it.

And there was a bit of diddling about in the Caribbean in the early 1800s that made us kind of nervous too.

Still though, they held a heck of a fire sale. Love that Louisiana Purchase.

Regards,
Furloboy

Latest resources

Back