Where have all the SWA poolies gone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Plate holder

Let me go to work tomorrow...there is a plate border up on the bulletin board in ops in BWI for $7 I think. Maybe I can get an address for ya'll.

Slug

Coop, there's 600 views only because I've read it 549 times.
When there's not much news I have to keep reading each thread over again every time someone adds a post....

600 VIEWS, 600+ IN LINE

SWA Poolies, we salute you. You've taken the extremely poopy end of the waiting for SWA.

However, you're not the only ones waiting. I've had my app (with type) in since Feb 2002. There are 600+ of us waiting in line, outside the fence of the pool, in the parking lot.

And there are many more lined up in their cars around the block just waiting for a parking space.

Coopdog and SWA poolies,

You guys only have a few more months to wait, hang in there. Congrats on the job at SWA and to all poolies. I am still on the very far outside looking in. Like Thebluto said I am one of those somewhere on the road to the parking lot.

I am one of the new ones to this site and have learned much about the biz in the last few months. I can tell you this reading all the post from the SWA people has motivated me into getting a type. Of course this is not the only factor in my decision making process, but it does help reading about a place that I have targeted since the day I started flying.

Poolies again congrats I would love to be in your spot and I will in due time. You have paid your dues and mine too and never asked for change. Don't forget us when you all move on and keep us motivated and informed when the time comes.

Singlespeed

alive and well...

Coopdog,

Thanks for the kind words about us "old timers," and yes we are alive and well. I still lurk every once in a while, but there simply hasn't been much to report as of late. And, well if I don't have anything to say... I think mamma used to say, "If you don't have anything nice to say, then shut the F*** UP!!!" Oh wait, maybe that was one of my uncles who said that.:D :D

RightBetter..

I can remember your "old" handle..Seems like a few hundred years ago I shamed you into changing it..LOL!!

Anyway..

When the pool list was started, then main idea behind it was to get an idea of what was going on..
Class size,dates,interviews,bla bla bla..

In the meantime its sorta taken on the role of support group and rumor board..All the better if you ask me..

Things like the contest,beer pool,poolie towels,and the very creative avtars that people have been using while in the pool only goes to show you some examples of the spirit at SWA..

In order to keep the spirit alive and better support those in the pool i would hope that those that have benefited from this board or the pool list will come back and continue to support those that will follow you..

In the coming growth months and years ahead,the pool list may play a larger role than ever in helping those in the pool or those wishing to work here in getting the info they need..

So to all of you that have benefited from both this board as well as the pool list..Please continue to support those that are coming behind you with what ever info and support you may be able to provide..

And to those of you in the pool..

Thanks for hanging in there. We are working very hard at making sure that when you get here it will have been well worth the wait..

Mike

Coop-

I'm still here and waiting. I am waiting for my second update package to arrive since I interviewed in June of 2001!

I just haven't had anything to add to the news lately. I like to keep even keeled about all the massive hiring talk.

I think next year will be good, but don't want to be dissappointed if they train 250 either.

Each fall seems to bring alot of talk about how great or how sparse the next year will be.

Seems each year is about the same as the last--steady, moderate growth.

So I tend to take the gloom and the boom with a grain of salt.

Atleast there is a new beer (model airplane?) pool.

And I am sure someone will come up with a new T-shirt to go with the rat-tailed towels.

Until then I am content to "lurk" here in the deep end. It is better than the line at the gate.

-LFD

Latest resources

Back