Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CoopDog

SWA Pool Dog Paddler
Just wondering if the May 27 update is still the latest. Seems like we see a few posts here from poolies time to time that aren't on it. And the majority of those on it never seem to look at this web-board.

Either about 90% of them have joined the Witness Protection Program and gone incognito, or they just don't seem to give a rats behind what goes on here. (little hard to believe).

I don't know about you guys, buy I kind of miss the old-timers....Slug, Rightbettor, Pegasus, OakRBust, Inhot, w8n4swa, Tredding, and the rest of the gang.

Wait a minute.....they aren't the old timers....WE ARE. Anyhow, I miss all the SWA banter they provided for all of us during their time in the pool.

Come back guys....let's look alive. ;)

We're here

Coop,

We are here lurking in the shadows, praying that all ya'll will be onboard very shortly. You will definently enjoy it when you get here and running into all the FI.com pals you have made.

This British lad and I were waiting at BWI for a cab the other day and struck up a conversation being SWA brethren. Lo and behold it was Pegasus. We had a great chat on the way to the crashpad about flightinfo and being pool rats.

Hang in there.

Slug

Coop and other poolies,

Couldn't agree more... The banter has seen better times and I've noticed a few postings from some who seem like they're in the pool, but don't show up on the list. We need to get 'em onboard. It's also a sad day when the front-page posting list doesn't have SWA in the subject line...I know I look for it daily just for sanity's sake.

As always, "words from above" from the usual gang are mucho appreciado, as it reconfirms that I really am getting closer to class despite my current situation (temporarily away from family while living in the middle of the Mojave desert earning a paycheck).

Rumors, truths, and banter of all sorts welcome here!

(Trying to) patiently keep the faith...
Shav'r

Speaking of Irish lads..

I was sitting down in the lounge in BWI the other day and I notice this FO sitting across from me and my roast beef sandwich..

So I says to him"Hi Ya"..A very Irish responce was noted..Turns out to be a former Poolie named Donagal...I think I spelled it right..

Anyway...After he figures out my alias.. we had a great chat about the pool and the misadventures of the poolies..

Nice guy and I made him promise to stop by and keep the poolies informed or at least harrassed..

So we are around..

Mike

Coop......I know the feeling. It gets boring hanging around the house watching Flightinfo everyday for any rumours.

But I am always thankful for people like MLBWINGBORN, Slug, Canyon, InHOt and others who infrequently update us via this valuable resource us poolies have.

Anyhow....poolies....January is just around the corner...lets all hang in there. I know its going to be awesome!!!!!!!!!!

aj

:D

Let's hear it for the Alumni....

AJ,

I agree. I'd also like to thank the SWA pool alumni, and the SWA pilots who frequent this board. A special thanks to Chase, MLBWINGBORN, and Snoopy58. Glad you guys tirelessly keep us up to date with all our questions and concerns.

Also, a big HELLO to LL and the People Dept folks who read this "mumbo jumbo" we poolies post on this board. I know they must get a chuckle or two with some of this stuff. ;)

Coop

I'm still here as #133....

I must admit, I log into FlightInfo almost everytime I log on the net, which my fellow poolies is just abut every day. I just think the waves in the pool are calm because nothin much is going on.

I'm sure things will livin up when the lifeguard starts blowing her whistle and yanking us out!

Keep the Faith!!

Jimmy - Over and Out

Look'in Alive......!!!!! Doing my small part in keeping the spirit alive!

Good post Coop! There are still alot of guys out there that dont know about the site! I just ran into one a few months back. I told him about the site and made him sit down right there and register...........

A group of us were talking the other day about the level of participation in news-groups, message boards, ect. A ex internet guru, system administrator, and all that other computer stuff guy turned pilot was telling us that the level of participation in these things are very low. Sometimes only 3-5% of folks will actually write messages. 90% plus will read it! But for numerous reasons will not reply. Scared of saying the wrong thing? Dont know what to say? I dont know what it is but those are the numbers.

I also want to thank all the guys who keep us updated! I owe you all a cold one or two! I am stitting here wearing my SWA hat, using my mouse on my SWA mouse pad and drinking coffee out of you guessed it....my SWA mug! (I'd be wearing the t-shirt too but it's in the laundry) Oh yea, there is a little 3 par gold course down from my house that I frequent and you know it.....I use my SWA golf balls and Tees.

I cant wait to get to class!! you guys that keep us updated and keep our chins up high with all the great info really are doing a great service, It takes alot of time to sit down and type all this stuff out, you dont have to but you know how important it is to alot of people........I know this is the type of people that work at SWA, and I cant wait to become part of the team!!

Well, I did'nt want to get off on a rant here.......Thanx guys for all the news and fellow poolies Iam really looking forward to meeting you all!!

Iceberg

Last edited:
600 views....200 poolies

Iceberg,

Interesting point on the posters and lurkers. Just noticed we just had 600 views on this thread, and only 200(+ or -) SWA poolies.

By the way, any idea where I can get a SWA license plate for the front bumper of my truck?

Coop

"By the way, any idea where I can get a SWA license plate for the front bumper of my truck?"

Coop,
I got one on my truck. (I think you mean the license plate holder)I had mine done at the county fair. You see them all over the place, malls, fairs, even some swap meets, these little booths that will customize a license plate holder for you. I got mine done for 12 bucks. I havent seen an actuall SWA one, there arent any on the web site, mabey they sell 'em at the company store! Speaking of the company store........I cant wait to get there.....I'am bringing a duffel bag and a credit card!! I'am going to need the whole family to be showing a little Southwest Airlines Pride......!!!!!!

Luv' to Fly

Iceberg

Latest resources

Back