Where did the SWA plane catch fire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Clown,

Your bud Oberstar was very quiet last week when his sweetheart airline NWA clipped wings while taxiing. Don't believe everything Oberstar stays my friend.

Didn't a couple of you SWA guys run some jets into each other in Dallas not too long ago? So much for those winglets.

No it probably had to do with trying to making the turnoff at sierra on a 109F day.

I would have taken it to the end then. I'm sure they were trying to hustle and get to the gate...but I wonder how much time this ended up costing them.

Anyone know if the was an open write up on the breaks?

Oberstar figured he could have a day or two of fun giving SWA a black eye in the media spotlight. But instead he ended up waist deep in the "arena of uninteded consequences" having set loose the FAA on an all-airlines AD compliance witch-hunt.

I'd bet he got a phone call or two from congressmen in other airline friendly districts.

Nice try. We have a terrific safety record. How many jets have you freight dogs planted?
Just ask that kid in Chicago....or his parents...
PBR

With the nature of this profession, I don't point out others accidents. The best of pilots have met early demise due to unfortunate events.

I'm not sure if I believe in Karma, but why take that chance?

The Honorable Rep Oberstar has a differing opinion. He's a congressman...and your some random who claims to work at SWA on a public message board. I'm going to go with what I heard Oberstar and the FAA whistle blower say in a public hearing.

Is this the same Oberstar that thinks SW uses 727's?

Latest resources

Back