• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where did the SWA plane catch fire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good work on google guys! The difference between those pictures and SWA is simple. The AF guys made mistakes. The SWA guys knowingly blew off ADs. That goes past a mistake and directly to pure negligance. If a doctor screwed up an open heart surgery because he was drunk during the procedure, is that a mistake or negligance?

I guess you get your facts from USA Today. And nice spelling BTW.

Hmm, eerily similar.

F-16D, Shaw Air Force Base, South Carolina, April 18, 2005. Onboard: one pilot, one passenger. No fatalities. Both pilot and passenger ejected safely following engine failure in an F-16D assigned to the 20th Fighter Wing at Shaw AFB. According to the Air Force Accident Investigation Board's report, "There is clear and convincing evidence that the cause of the mishap was the ME's [mishap engine's] catastrophic failure and sudden lack of thrust due to High Pressure Turbine (HPT) blade failure. There is clear and convincing evidence that the HPT blade failure was caused by the required blade seals not being installed in the HPT rotor assembly during scheduled maintenance." During the post-crash examination of the F-16D's General Electric F110-GE-129 engine, investigators found that no blade seals were present in the HPT rotor assembly. "Additionally," the Air Force report noted, "the HPT blades lacked witness marks, which are routinely made by the blade seals--further indicating no seals were ever present. The specific maintenance actions that led to the failure to install the required blade seals included not heeding a caution in a technical order, which warned that "missing HPT rotor blades seals will cause HPT rotor blade failure." The maintenance crew also did not accomplish steps in the technical order that included not only installing the seals but also inspecting the seals to make sure they are installed properly and testing their fit with a piece of shim stock. "Therefore, two additional opportunities to avoid the mishap were missed," stated the Air Force report.

Last edited:
Apples and oragnges my friend. One company is a Part 121 carrier who's job it is to transport people safely. The other is a government entitiy whos job is to carry out the political will of our nation's leaders.

Does the AF make mistakes? Sure, a ton. But when we are in total disreguard of ADs do we put the flying public in danger? No.

Will you guys please stop feeding the Troll....errr...Clown!!!

Alright, I'll DISREGARD the spelling since you asked for a break, but I do suggest either a spell checker or a dictionary. However, your lack of reading comprehension on previous posts only highlights your bitterness for not being hired at SW.

Please find another major airline that has a better safety record, and then we'll talk. Until then, good day, Sir!

Is it true that General's mom was in the overwing exit, right side?

OR, was the plane full of UT chicks that were so hot the plane caught fire?

Latest resources

Back