Where Can I Get the "NASA" form?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mattpilot said:
There is no "Nasa" form for incident reporting. I think you mean the form that lets you report safety related issues.

Yes there is a NASA form. Used it many times myself.

I bet pretty soon you are going to start saying that there is no Santa Clause.

Where else but Flightinfo can a simple question turn into a throwdown in less than one page? :rolleyes: :eek:

EagleRJ said:
Where else but Flightinfo can a simple question turn into a throwdown in less than one page? :rolleyes: :eek:

You are clearly an idoit!

(Yes, it's a joke and I am aware that idiot is misspelled in the above sentence.)

Clearly a few missed the point.

As many here argued before in previous threads, the NASA form is not used to report an "incident" where you got yourself into trouble because you where a dumb arse. You also don't use it as a get out of jail free card. The NASA form was created to report safety related issues to improve the safety of our airspace system.

If you bust an ADIZ or do some other shat that was entirely your fault, the nasa form won't do more than create more paperwork for nasa. It won't protect you from certificate action.

It does help

Yes it will. Where are you getting your info?

The filing of a report with NASA concerning an incident or occurrence involving a violation of 49 U.S.C. Subtitle VII, or the FAR is considered by FAA to be indicative of a constructive attitude. Such an attitude will tend to prevent future violations. Accordingly, although a finding of violation may be made, neither a civil penalty nor certificate suspension will be imposed if:
  1. the violation was inadvertent and not deliberate;
  2. the violation did not involve a criminal offense, or accident. or action under 49 U.S.C. Section 44709 which discloses a lack of qualification or competency, which is wholly excluded from this policy;
  3. the person has not been found in any prior FAA enforcement action to have committed a violation of 49 U.S.C. Subtitle VII, or any regulation promulgated there for a period of 5 years prior to the date of occurrence; and
  4. the person proves that, within 10 days after the violation, he or she completed and delivered or mailed a written report of the incident or occurrence to NASA under ASRS. See paragraphs 5c and 7b.

Last edited:
mattpilot said:
Clearly a few missed the point.

As many here argued before in previous threads, the NASA form is not used to report an "incident" where you got yourself into trouble because you where a dumb arse. You also don't use it as a get out of jail free card. The NASA form was created to report safety related issues to improve the safety of our airspace system.

If you bust an ADIZ or do some other shat that was entirely your fault, the nasa form won't do more than create more paperwork for nasa. It won't protect you from certificate action.

Matt,

You are wrong. While not perfect the NASA form does offer the pilot proection when the Feds are after him or her and want to violate said pilot.
I have filed quite a few NASA forms at the airlines as well as Corporate. I suggest you carry some with you just in case.

I'm not saying it won't protect you.

I'm saying thats not the purpose of the form. The purpose of the form is/was for pilots to bring forth safety related issues without fear of reprisal by a government agency do to one's (either stupid or accidental) actions.

It was not designed to be a "oh, i fu.cked up - better fill out a NASA form" kinda form.

Do a search on this forum about previous threads discussing this form. Other members done a great job of explaining.

There's nothing more i can or will add to elaborate on the issue. Take it as you will.

EagleRJ said:
Read my mind. :(

Minh

Latest resources

Back