• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where can I find a low hour job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As someone who has done both 121 and 135 freight doggin' (sched) and 135 pax I can tell you that you gotta have confidence in your skills to do the sked freight thing. Most nights anyone could do the job. But there are those nights where you better be d-mn good. And not get nervous easily. It's as much about the mental game as it is the stick 'n rudder stuff.

The regional FO has the OPTION to be less confident/proficient under stress than a single pilot operator. I've known plenty of 121 guys who actually admit that they would be scared to do single pilot piston freight. So, if they are willing to admit it, it must be true.

thanks 100LL. that's all i was trying to say. wasn't trying to start a fight.

he's never done it so he has no frame of reference.

NY is not newengland. :)

NY is some third world country that nobody wants.

ha. you're not kidding. i miss new england. love getting to do bos and pwm overnights. feels like i'm home.

more home than ny anyway

Not that it really matters but if we were down to mins it was because wx moved in on us when returning to the school. when i was a instructor the flight school i worked at gave us free twin time each month depending on how much we worked so i busted my arse to get as much time as possible of course and when i would go up i would wait till it was a day when the wx wasnt good for instructing and i would go out and shoot approach after approach to better my skills. My point being is that just because someone flys single pilot in wx doesnt really mean shiznit. Anyone flying professionally should be able to fly in any type of wx. Some people dont hold themselves to the standards i try to keep but to say 135 guys are better than 121 guys is just beating your chest. Regional FOs in the RJs do nothing different than pilots in 777. Does that make me better or them better? I dont think either is better each deserves respect as a Professional pilot. My point is i just try to treat people with respect and dont like to talk down about others. Just try and show some respect thats all i am saying. I am sure you are all great pilots.

dude. read. please. jesus f*cking christ read.

do me a favor. go back to my first post and read the first 2 sentences. i'm not saying 135 pilots are better than 121 pilots. i'm saying the single pilot 135 job is tougher than the 121 job.

how much flight planning have you done this month? how many days off have you had this month? if you have a problem, who's your union rep? if you don't feel comfortable with something, you've got a more experienced pilot next to you? if you want a cup of coffee, you ask the flight attendant? if you need to take a pi$$, you go to the lav? if you're hand flying, do you use a flight director? fms? got efis? if you're picking up ice, you got a hot wing? when it's hot in the summer, you got A/C?

ok. single pilot 135.
all your own flight planning. no dispatch to do it for you. we were required 13 days off each quarter. 13 days in 3 months. that sometimes became an issue. no union. no one there to help me fly or help with decision-making. no flight attendant. no lav. no flight director. no fms. no efis. old ratty boots to shed the ice. sweating with no A/C in the summer.

ok. read this line.
single pilot 135 in old $hitty airplanes is harder than 121.

did i mention anything about pilot skill? no. read the line again.

jesus. i'm getting another beer.

Vladimir Lenin said:
super, you need to stfu, you cant hold a handle to even the n00best of freight dogs here in the NE
go milk your dolphin, d1ckcheese

that was in response mostly to this A$$Clown!!

Starving i agree with you i was responding to this quote. Each job has its ups and downs. I have mucho respect for cargo haulers dont get me wrong and please grab me a beer also!!! :)

on a side not did you see this it goes along with your signature site.
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=yrzjsxnFZAU&search=sexy+webcam+strip+latin+girl+female+woman+ass+booty+shake+dance+latina+hispanic+colombia+colombiana+50+cent

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back