When will the MEM pilots 'get it'???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here is an idea:

How about we do not fly disputed parings until they are assigned to a reserve guy.

This is a legal thing for the union to ask us to do and some guys can not even do that.

PastV1 said:
Mem 11 here also and not called for DFT.....

Past....

Ok, I want to formally say that I am sorry for accusing EVERY MEM -11 pilot of geting called for DFT trips, it might have been a bit of an over statement.

I guess the schedulers do know who their favorite pets are and call the same ones first.

By the way, has ANY MD11 f/o ever been able to drop a reserve day?

I have tried to drop every single reserve day for two months, with "insufficient reserves" stopping me every time.

Back on the Boeing it was a cinch to drop reserve days....

I've dropped tons of trips since May 05 without any trouble on the 727 F/O seat. Also dropped a string of R days this month without any problems.

...and that is one reason I didn't upgrade...

I thought I'd enjoy this job for the money and flying. What I have discovered I LOVE about the job is flexibility. Being on a properly (or perhaps overmanned?) seat allows me to max flex my schedule to meet ANG obligations without having to deal with all the mil leave headaches.

Althought the next night Scheds did call for DFT. THe answering machine got it...

Past......

Nope

Huck said:
By the way, has ANY MD11 f/o ever been able to drop a reserve day?

I have tried to drop every single reserve day for two months, with "insufficient reserves" stopping me every time.

Back on the Boeing it was a cinch to drop reserve days....

I've been trying to drop 3 days ever since OT came out and haven't been able to do it. Now, it looks like they just quit processing my requests. The last one's been sitting there over 24 hours.

fox3 said:
I've been trying to drop 3 days ever since OT came out and haven't been able to do it. Now, it looks like they just quit processing my requests. The last one's been sitting there over 24 hours.

I think they're tightening down the screws. I can't even trade trips with open time. And my latest requests have been in the queue for over 24 hours now also.

Guess you guys that won't "help out" and fly extra are messing it up for the rest of us.

computers down

I too had a trip trade pending for a long time. I called the scheduler yesterday to see what was up. She said a computer system was down and the geeks were working on it - not sure when it would be up again, but it is preventing scheduling from doing the trades/drops.

Goose17

Looks like some of the MEM 727 Capts are finally starting to get it. Finally a bunch of open time remaining 3 days into trading. Unfortunately, the system is "down" and the only thing sched's can process is a mutual swap request. Hope everyone realizes that the record profits need to start coming in our direction...my union speaks for me.

In my few years on the Airbus I've never been denied a drop due to "insufficient Reserves".........maybe things are getting uncomfortable with the manning levels...who knows.

Either way, I feel like I'm having a vision problem when it comes to work....

Latest resources

Back